Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
AMB system- what do I need to start a track? >

AMB system- what do I need to start a track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMB system- what do I need to start a track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default AMB system- what do I need to start a track?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of starting up a race track and was wondering what do I need and how much is it going to cost? Also where can I get the system? I know its at least a few thousand for the system. Any of you have any clue?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

You might want to look further at an alternative timing system as the AMB system is quite expensive as you already know. My friend started his own track and he want with the inferred system made by the competitor it was considerable cheaper and he used laps free software for lap counting. The only problem being as they are not compatible with each other, if your friends come for race than they will have to use the inferred transponder as it will not read AMB. Can’t remember the name try Google. Sorry for the scrambled post, too many assignments due.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Everyone usually runs an AMB transponder or an AMB clone. If cost is an issue then see if another local hobbystore or local track has one you can borrow periodically. One of the tracks I frequent borrows their decoder from another hobbystore/ track.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys. we don't want to borrow anything from the hobby track, we want to start our own track. We would like to keep it all AMB as we all have the personal transponders.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
sac
Tech Regular

The name of the infered sysyem is called I-LAP,go to there website www.rclapcounter.com
Craig is the owner and he can answer any question you may have.
We use it at our track and it works flawless.We use the laps free program with it.The racers who say get a AMB ,don't have to put out the money for it.The AMB can cost +/-$3000(new) were the I-lap can cost as low as $500 depending on how many sensors you need.Both use the same software.
AMB transponders are $110 ,the I-LAP are $40.And they both give you the same end result.
People will say more tracks use the AMB ,true.Just remember AMB has had a 25+ year head start over the I-LAP.I hear from more and more tracks that are using the I-LAP and they are VERY happy with the system.

sac
Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.amb-it.com/

you will need AMB receiver, loop and of course computer, printer and software. either free or commercial depending on your needs.

be prepared for 2000+ Euros for the receiver and accessories
Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

the decoder is a couple of grand..

rechargeable transponders are 115 a piece..

the charging rack is 300-500

cables are a few hundred bux.

i dont know how much the software is but all in all it is a lot of money.. however if your track is a hit you will make the money back..
Old 07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

$10,000( For all).... AMB system,Clay, Pipe, Drivers stand... to start! Good luck!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

heres a link to AMB contact them and they'll fill you in on price requirements etc

http://www.amb-it.com/ambrc-base-system-c-16_41.html

and heres a link to free laps counting software and there is also some useful info on timing setups etc

http://www.rctiming.com/index.shtml

Adrian
Old 07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

The AMB Decoder and Loop cost us around $3500.00, RC Scoring Pro (IMO the Best) software was almost $1000.00.

Besides all the Dirt, pipe, drivers stand, pit lane, straw bales, trash containers, rental or owned equipment, spikes, it gets expensive.

It does add up, we spent over $35,000 to build a GOOD track. I DO NOT say this to brag about $$$, it just is an idea of how much it costs.

My only recommendation is, DO IT RIGHT!! If you build it...they will come.

Keep in mind too, It is alot of Hard work, but very rewarding. I cannot thank all the guys that worked their butts off for almost 3 months every weekend to make it happen.

Good Luck

Here is some pics of what we did:

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/w...EEDSKI_photos/
Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
The AMB Decoder and Loop cost us around $3500.00, RC Scoring Pro (IMO the Best) software was almost $1000.00.

Besides all the Dirt, pipe, drivers stand, pit lane, straw bales, trash containers, rental or owned equipment, spikes, it gets expensive.

It does add up, we spent over $35,000 to build a GOOD track. I DO NOT say this to brag about $$$, it just is an idea of how much it costs.

My only recommendation is, DO IT RIGHT!! If you build it...they will come.

Keep in mind too, It is alot of Hard work, but very rewarding. I cannot thank all the guys that worked their butts off for almost 3 months every weekend to make it happen.

Good Luck

Here is some pics of what we did:

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/w...EEDSKI_photos/
35K thats a lot of dough, but your track looks great.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

We did spend about about 25% of the budget on clearing trees and getting the area Developed. This area was all trees, so we had to rent a Dozer and a Back-Hoe to remove the trees, then we had alot of gravel brought in access the site and to allow for the Trucks to deliver dirt and such.

We also bought dirt when the economy was good, so I would say now would be a great time to build a track due to dirt being cheaper again.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys for all the input. I mainly was wondering about the AMB system because we could get all the other materials and stuff pretty easily. I will look into it. Thanks again.
Track looks AWESOME!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Neesh
Thanks guys for all the input. I mainly was wondering about the AMB system because we could get all the other materials and stuff pretty easily. I will look into it. Thanks again.
Track looks AWESOME!

Keep us posted, Alot of us like to watch track builds as they progress.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

yes we do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.