Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fully modified jato

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Suspended

Default fully modified jato

fully modified jato-jato-new-cvds.jpgfinally got my cvds now i dont have to worry about twisting those stock plastic ones anymore when i use my nitruos.Click image for larger version

Name:	jato new cvds.jpg
Views:	3962
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	491210[IMG]http://i835.photobucket
Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

looks like its ready to set a land speed record
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bad to the bone.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where'd ya snag those CVD's from?

They're not the Traxxas ones...
Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by drperry
Where'd ya snag those CVD's from?

They're not the Traxxas ones...
they are THS racing
Old 08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What's that saying about "polishing a turd"?......
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by krazikev
they are THS racing
I'll have to track some down... The boots look more durable than the traxxas ones...
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looks nice. Sad thing is after all that cash and NOS it will still get smoked by a bone stock Rustler VXL. Just sayin...
Old 08-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Looks nice. Sad thing is after all that cash and NOS it will still get smoked by a bone stock Rustler VXL. Just sayin...
first off, ask before judging someone, 1- i have a shop so i pay next to NOTHING for the parts.
2- since i own a shop, i sell vxls all day, when people see my modified jato they want to race to see the differance, and when they do see the BIG differance they buy parts, it is a win, win for me. BUT I AM JUST SAYIN.....
Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

With the same powertrain in both, the Jato should be faster than the Rustler...

More durable, and more tuning capability (unless the Rustler also has adjustable turnbuckles and such, in which case, the Rustler will out handle the Jato due to weight )
Old 08-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Suspended

More durable, and more tuning capability (unless the Rustler also has adjustable turnbuckles and such, in which case, the Rustler will out handle the Jato due to weight )
i put a custom cnc machined titanium powertrain, as far as wieght,when compared jato to jato, the stock jato is 4.72 lbs. my modded jato is only 5.63 pounds, not even a pound, when it comes to power to wieght ratio, evryone thinks that around 1/3 pound is SO MUCH more, but when you have a ported , polished and balanced sleeve and carb.and also a power adder (nos) with a custom S8 reed( stock from rb inovations is a S5, reed means how much volume of nos is being dispenced to the motor) then wieght ALMOST doesnt matter. besides i shaved alot of wieght off my parts before i install. yes i know it is weaker put i dont care when i get parts for next to nothing and also only run my jato on a wide open flat area with nothing to hit. even if i lose control it just spins and slides and dosent flip.also the body i use is just a round dome for aerodinamic, i am not into how cool my car looks, only how fast, --thankyou for reading.

Last edited by krazikev; 08-27-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Put the crack pipe down... even Traxxas specs the Jato slower than the Rustler. Considering most Jato owners can't tune their engines, the 65 mph claim for the Jato is probably a stretch too. No tuning required with the VXL. Just drop a 3s lipo in it and a 30+ tooth pinion and any 13 year old can break 70.

We need some videos of this thing with radar. There are videos all over youtube of VXLs breaking 70+ with radar evidence. Considering he claimed 96 mph in the other thread, I highly doubt we will ever see any solid evidence.

The car looks nice, but I would be surprised if the thing broke 60mph....
Old 08-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Suspended

Put the crack pipe down... even Traxxas specs the Jato slower than the Rustler. Considering most Jato owners can't tune their engines, the 65 mph claim for the Jato is probably a stretch too. No tuning required with the VXL. Just drop a 3s lipo in it and a 30+ tooth pinion and any 13 year old can break 70.

We need some videos of this thing with radar. There are videos all over youtube of VXLs breaking 70+ with radar evidence. Considering he claimed 96 mph in the other thread, I highly doubt we will ever see any solid evidence.

blah blah blah, this is the tipical jeolous talk that i ignore, my people know what i did, they were there, no need to impress anyone else.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

when i had my jato i had it stock as far at motors goes, i forgot my gearing, but i bought a radar just for the jato, i made it a street only/drag jato i got it to 74 mph. had a video a while ago deleted it all when i started racing.that thing was hard to control because i shaved a lot of parts down, and drilled anywhere i could to eliminate weight

as far as your nos goes, it does nothing except for lean your motor out, so stop kidding your self
Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by losi_racer
when i had my jato i had it stock as far at motors goes, i forgot my gearing, but i bought a radar just for the jato, i made it a street only/drag jato i got it to 74 mph. had a video a while ago deleted it all when i started racing.that thing was hard to control because i shaved a lot of parts down, and drilled anywhere i could to eliminate weight

as far as your nos goes, it does nothing except for lean your motor out, so stop kidding your self
and this is why i port the motor, because of the lean conditions, i agree with you. just in case you dont know about porting, porting means that you are opening the intake side( that is where the gas enters), and porting the exhast side ( this is where the burnt gas exits, but also has to be polished and balanced) when you do so this now lets more fuel into the engine (richens it up to lubricate the motor BETTER) therfore i can use more nos THAN THE FACTORY(RB INNOVATIONS) WILL LET ME. no one that ever used a nos system on a nitro car never used a S8 reed. cause the company does not make one, they only sell up to a S5, like i said before I CUSTOM CNC MACHINED A S8 REED( this lets more nos in the motor than anyone else has ever done, now if you dont get that than i cant help to exsplain it any better, sorry ---- NEXT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.