Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Heating after it's broken in. >

Heating after it's broken in.

Heating after it's broken in.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:52 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jeromesville, Ohio
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Heating after it's broken in.

I know its a good idea to preheat the eng for breakin, but how about when its already broken in? I just use it for bashing. Also, why doesnt Traxxas recommend preheating their engines during breakin in their manuals. I feel that if I had done this when I broke in my 3.3 it would have lasted longer than 1.5 gallon before breaking the conrod. For now on, I will use the method in the tuning bible!
cassidy is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,660
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

i still preheat mine and mine is broken in. I can tell the difference in the compression. My vspec i had i never preheated and it lots in pinch in half a gallon if that. My ninja still has lots of pinch after a gallon. Sounds like you may have pushed your 3.3 to much when it was broke in. And yes preheating will alwasys be a must for me during break in.
dreaux is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
I know its a good idea to preheat the eng for breakin, but how about when its already broken in? I just use it for bashing. Also, why doesnt Traxxas recommend preheating their engines during breakin in their manuals. I feel that if I had done this when I broke in my 3.3 it would have lasted longer than 1.5 gallon before breaking the conrod. For now on, I will use the method in the tuning bible!
Follow the break in bible and replace your 3.3 connecting rod with a Davis diesel rod!
Gearhead racer is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jeromesville, Ohio
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
Follow the break in bible and replace your 3.3 connecting rod with a Davis diesel rod!
Well, I have the 2.5R in it now, do you still recommend replacing the conrod? Isnt it the same as the 3.3 conrod?
cassidy is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,771
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
i still preheat mine and mine is broken in. I can tell the difference in the compression. My vspec i had i never preheated and it lots in pinch in half a gallon if that. My ninja still has lots of pinch after a gallon. Sounds like you may have pushed your 3.3 to much when it was broke in. And yes preheating will alwasys be a must for me during break in.
Your vspec didnt have alot of compresson because you didnt know how to tune, ran crap fuel, ran into tree's, and ran the buggy into water, not because you didnt preheat it.
Chris__RC is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
Well, I have the 2.5R in it now, do you still recommend replacing the conrod? Isnt it the same as the 3.3 conrod?
Replace the rod when it breaks, they use the same rod.
Gearhead racer is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
  #7  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,484
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
Your vspec didnt have alot of compresson because you didnt know how to tune, ran crap fuel, ran into tree's, and ran the buggy into water, not because you didnt preheat it.


Integra is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.