R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Jammin JPX 21 Plus ( new) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/323611-jammin-jpx-21-plus-new.html)

Uptown 05-31-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by petevette (Post 7481317)
Anyone know what kind of restrictors fit on the Jammin? I searched Amain but didn't see any restrictors specific for Jammin.

I have a 7mm aluminum one. I just through out the original tags. I believe it came from ofna if that helps

petevette 05-31-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uptown (Post 7481553)
I have a 7mm aluminum one. I just through out the original tags. I believe it came from ofna if that helps

I will look into it.

Thanks.

windellmc 06-01-2010 06:32 PM

The Jammin is a Picco engine. Ofna sells Picco restrictors down to 7mm.

Quad Racer 34 06-01-2010 06:34 PM

it comes with a 7mm doesn't it?

aray 06-07-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigemike (Post 7326564)
On nitro house it says the 51013. Replaces 51006

So this is the new "right" plug for the jpx .21?

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=22354

It's only $6 at nitrohouse?

savagesam 06-08-2010 08:33 PM

there is a new mob out of hong kong selling restrictors from 6mm - 9mm for the picco engines now on ebay

aray 06-10-2010 10:40 AM

Need help with plugs

Hey guys - trying to make sure I grab the right plugs for this engine but I'm a little confused.

From PICCO's site:

TURBO COLD GLOW-PLUGS
•P5TC hot filament
•P6TC medium filament
•P7TC cold filament

TURBO HOT GLOW-PLUGS
•P5TH hot filament
•P6TH medium filament
•P7TH cold filament

Maximo's feedback - "we generally run the OFNA Picco Med turbo ( P6TH)"
OFN51005 seems to be a P6TC, which I guess is different?

OFN51006 supposedly comes in the box - which on amain comes up as a different plug in the picture, and is backorder. But on another site it looks like this http://myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?...um_glow_plug_1

On here I read that supposedly the 51013 replaces 51006, but the picture so this on nitrohouse show a "TL"? racing plug that is $6, doesn't look like a Picco... I guess the 51006 is discontinued?

In any case - I'm confused! Help! I just want to grab a couple of the right plugs....

keithw11 06-18-2010 04:44 AM

need help what are the front and rear bearing sizes and does any one know if a 2035 works good with this motor

thanks for the help

Maximo 06-18-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by keithw11 (Post 7557888)
need help what are the front and rear bearing sizes and does any one know if a 2035 works good with this motor

thanks for the help

2035 kills the top end.... motor runs decent bottom and mid but top end is non existent....

windellmc 06-18-2010 09:46 AM

Bearings are the same size as the OS Vspec.

manson98 06-21-2010 06:49 PM

maximo what is with the cheaper picco plugs will they work good or does anyone know? Thanks

mechanic77 06-22-2010 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by manson98 (Post 7572001)
maximo what is with the cheaper picco plugs will they work good or does anyone know? Thanks

Hey, I just got a couple of those plugs to try in my Clockworks JL. I'll let you know how they do for me. Although Maximo will probably be able to tell you more definitively than me. I'm not sure I'll see you this weekend, me and Chris are going to Joplin to race oval on Sat.

savagesam 06-28-2010 11:58 PM

Well guys is there any update on the new plugs in the picco 21 plus engine, how did they go, im in the market for some hot turbo plugs myself, medium just doesnt give what i want and the 51006 was the bee's knees but im out of those and really need to find plugs now

romax 06-29-2010 05:39 AM

I am out of the 51006 plugs as well so i opted to run os p-4 med/hotplug this weekend & it actually ran good . Didn't seem to have quite as much bottom power but tune was consistent & made good overall power . P-4 is med/hot so i would think the p-3 would be a good substitute . I know they prob. won't last as long but that's all i have at the moment .

Quad Racer 34 06-29-2010 05:47 AM

Does anyone know the factory needle settings? I lost my paper that had it on it..

Quad Racer 34 06-29-2010 11:59 AM

Maximo, What are some symptoms that will happen to the jammin engine when the crank pin bearing starts to go?

Maximo 06-29-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 (Post 7605806)
Maximo, What are some symptoms that will happen to the jammin engine when the crank pin bearing starts to go?

I usually blow the rods before the bearings LOL !

If a bearing is going the tuning can become odd, will start blowing plugs and flaming out....likely even more symptoms then that even, but that is all i can think of

Quad Racer 34 06-29-2010 03:09 PM

oh no. It went through a plug today that my other engine has lasted 3 gallons on already :(

I'll give it another shot after the weekend with a fresh plug. Thanks for the response.

savagesam 06-29-2010 03:45 PM

Well still no feed back on running the new ofna turbo plugs in the engines, any one what so ever, I dont want to go down the o.s plug road but need plugs for these engines a.s.a.p.

Clockworks have you tryed the new 510013 t4 in a picco/jammin engine, what where your thoughts on them ???

Quad Racer 34 10-13-2010 01:30 PM

Where can you buy a rod for this engine? I looked on amain and they didn't have one. Can someone help me out?

Jaz240 10-13-2010 01:37 PM

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12846

petevette 10-13-2010 03:33 PM

Hi guys, my JPX flamed out three times last weekend in the exact same place on the track - on the landing of a big jump. This just started recently. What could cause flameouts on hard landings?

Jaz240 10-13-2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by petevette (Post 8067320)
Hi guys, my JPX flamed out three times last weekend in the exact same place on the track - on the landing of a big jump. This just started recently. What could cause flameouts on hard landings?

rocks hitting your flywheel

Integra 10-13-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by petevette (Post 8067320)

are you on power ? or just at idle ? or does it make a difference ?

nothin special 10-13-2010 05:57 PM

I would look into the flywheel and chassis clearance .

petevette 10-13-2010 08:36 PM

I am not on power and I don't think it is rocks. I don't see any scraping of any kind where the flywheel meets the chassis. Can less then ideal compression cause this? The engine has been a champ, but it has some time on it. The compression feels border line when it is cold. Some folks say the compression is still okay, but others say the compression is low. I think the engine may just be tired.

What do you guys think, can it be a compression thing?

Thanks!!!!!

jmaxey51 10-13-2010 08:49 PM

i bet the flywheel is hitting the dirt, my dad and i had the same problem with our JPX over one big jump on the track so we switched engines and still had the problem and realized it was just hitting the flywheel, if we landed with some throttle it would stay running. so its probably that.

nothin special 10-14-2010 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by petevette (Post 8068668)
I am not on power and I don't think it is rocks. I don't see any scraping of any kind where the flywheel meets the chassis. Can less then ideal compression cause this? The engine has been a champ, but it has some time on it. The compression feels border line when it is cold. Some folks say the compression is still okay, but others say the compression is low. I think the engine may just be tired.

Thanks!!!!!

Have you taken it out and ran it around the yard to see if it flames out around the same amount of run time ? If so I would think compression mite be a factor .

MiniMeRCRacing 10-14-2010 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 (Post 8068725)
i bet the flywheel is hitting the dirt, my dad and i had the same problem with our JPX over one big jump on the track so we switched engines and still had the problem and realized it was just hitting the flywheel, if we landed with some throttle it would stay running. so its probably that.

I had this exact same problem at the GCS race at Augusta. I'll bet my chassis was grounding out on the dirt like you experienced- I just never thought about that. Your smarter than you look Johnathan :D

Brian

petevette 10-14-2010 08:38 AM

Good input guys. The first two times it happened were during the 5 min qualifiers. I raised the idle a click before the 20 min main an attempt to eliminate a low idle setting. Well 10 minutes into the main and all was good. I thought I was golden. Then with 4 minutes to go it flamed out again.

I am going to try to keep the back of the car from contacting the ground first by bringing down my front end right before landing. If the flameout is caused by clay/rocks hitting the flywheel bringing down the front end should help minimize the risk of it happening again. I am starting to think that the hard landings may have been with the chassis flat or even landing the back of the car first. Lets see what happens this weekend. Thanks guys!

nitroexpress 10-14-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by petevette (Post 8068668)

Thanks!!!!!

Check the rod. Even though it's an Italian engine, the rods tend to checkout early.