Wiki Posts
Search

now i know what a crash at WOT looks like

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default now i know what a crash at WOT looks like

don't have the courage to post pics. But my drive shafts look like shock springs. my chassis is curved like a football. gas tank is kaboom. I don't have the courage to open up the bulkheads

And it only makes me mad because it was totally preventable. Don't know why i posted this. I guess i feel better now. Long night on ebay.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Go on ....show us some piccies
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

oh man. im sorry. that really sucks.

so how'd it happen?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dreaux
don't have the courage to post pics. But my drive shafts look like shock springs. my chassis is curved like a football. gas tank is kaboom. I don't have the courage to open up the bulkheads

And it only makes me mad because it was totally preventable. Don't know why i posted this. I guess i feel better now. Long night on ebay.
Brother we all feel your pain............
Old 08-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

now i can add BRAND NEW king headz extended motor mounts to the list, and my whole carbon radio tray is toast. For some reason it bent. did not know carbon fiber could do that. good news is my shocks seem to be ok. My shock towers and bulkheads are fine. Motor and pipe is fine. servos are fine as far as i can tell. Come to think of it, my carb insulator was cracked when i looked at it last night (i crashed yesterday) i thought i tightened it too much, but could a hit like that send shockwaves all the way to the carb neck? I don't see how?

shit i realized the slide on my carb was catching like it was bent. Damn it broke my carb too on my brand new ninja

I have a strip at my house ( a long smooth dirt one) and i was trying to get the temps up on my engine. well the neigbor had a friend over and he parked a bit into the strip. well i was making a pass and hit the tire on the car at 3/4 throtle.

damn i am mad

the engine is what really has me mad.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dreaux
now i can add BRAND NEW king headz extended motor mounts to the list, and my whole carbon radio tray is toast. For some reason it bent. did not know carbon fiber could do that. good news is my shocks seem to be ok. My shock towers and bulkheads are fine. Motor and pipe is fine. servos are fine as far as i can tell. Come to think of it, my carb insulator was cracked when i looked at it last night (i crashed yesterday) i thought i tightened it too much, but could a hit like that send shockwaves all the way to the carb neck? I don't see how?

shit i realized the slide on my carb was catching like it was bent. Damn it broke my carb too on my brand new ninja

I have a strip at my house ( a long smooth dirt one) and i was trying to get the temps up on my engine. well the neigbor had a friend over and he parked a bit into the strip. well i was making a pass and hit the tire on the car at 3/4 throtle.

damn i am mad

the engine is what really has me mad.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I watched a buddy do that same thing===Jato vs. Ford Ranger. It's funny and eery when 55 Miles Per Hour of two wheel drive fury is hauling down the street WFO and THEN...............................nothing. Wish I would've had video. whuuuuuaaaa.......shift to high gear WHUUUUUUAAAAAAAA---DONK. I can't make good engine sounds through a keyboard, LOL.

Shock towers, bulk heads, tie rods, both front wheels, engine block mounting ears, the top deck in three pieces, front bumper, one bent shock shaft on front, two split shock caps, and 5-6 broken screws and two bent hinge pins.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)

Let see some pics
Old 08-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

come on Dreaux and let us see the carnage it can't look
worse than my work space right now or can it. but I have
not hit a car tire WFO man that sucks
Old 08-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is called a taco. lol
Old 08-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

At least you didnt take your nice pretty 2 week old RC8T/V-spec/2060 and run it into the tire of YOUR ford f250 at WOT showing off to your buds running up/down the pit area at the track about 10 minutes b-4 the first qual.......... talk about embarrasing...
Old 08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

will have pics later. I am installing my engine on my other chassis and i will see how it goes.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Like it has been said before

This thread is......
Attached Thumbnails now i know what a crash at WOT looks like-useless.jpg  
Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elkman
This thread is......
Lmao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.