Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Brand...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Brand...

I've recently seen Traxxas referred to as the "wal-mart" brand of rc vehicles. I own a Traxxas Slayer, and other than it being a tiny bit temperamental with tuning it seems very strong and fast. Is Traxxas not a very sturdy or reliable brand? I've put this suspension through hell, and ran the motor pretty hard and it seems very tough. I thought I had researched enough, and i've heard tons of good things about them, their customer service seems great.....but maybe it all just comes down to opinion. Do I have a reliable and well made RC? Or did I get something I should look at selling relatively soon...?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bennny
I've recently seen Traxxas referred to as the "wal-mart" brand of rc vehicles. I own a Traxxas Slayer, and other than it being a tiny bit temperamental with tuning it seems very strong and fast. Is Traxxas not a very sturdy or reliable brand? I've put this suspension through hell, and ran the motor pretty hard and it seems very tough. I thought I had researched enough, and i've heard tons of good things about them, their customer service seems great.....but maybe it all just comes down to opinion. Do I have a reliable and well made RC? Or did I get something I should look at selling relatively soon...?
well when they reffer it that way they mean like its mostly for beginners or bashers. reffering to the "mercades" of rc is like the buggys, truggys..
Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

if it wasnt for Traxxas half the people on this board wouldnt be in the hobby....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

yes that is very true!! you always have to start somewhere! have fun with your slayer!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21
if it wasnt for Traxxas half the people on this board wouldnt be in the hobby....
Traxxas Rustler for me, a great christmas gift.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

TAMIYA stadium blitzer for me with 1400nicad packs.
Rc was pretty dead in 1998 then some company called traxxas released a 2speed forward and reverse(with brakes) truck with two shocks on each arm and saved the hobby. if you like rc you have to like what traxxas has done for the hobby
Old 08-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Awesome, somehow my Slayer doesn't seem like a beginners vehicle....but maybe its just because i'm new to the nitro rc world. It's a bit hard to tune, but runs like a scolded ape.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

X2, first car was a jato
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hell yea, Traxxas bandit. I still have it too, it just doesn't run
Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Every brand in this hobby owes Traxxas a thank you. Traxxas is a big reason why Losi's RTR race vehicles are so good. They set the expectation for RTR's and Losi (and others I guess) have answered.

If you'd have told me that I could get a competitive RTR package with a good 2.4ghz radio, a starter box, and a chassis that needed no upgrades to be as fast as anything on the track 2 years ago for $700 I'd have laughted at the idea. If Traxxas hadn't been around we'd still be a long way off from progress like that.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

They are everywhere, they are affordable and they are durable. Traxxas makes cars and trucks for anyone and everyone, for just about any application.

They are are not "race only" applications, such as the B44 that I own, but they are competitive in each of the classes.

They have started the SC craze that everyone else is playing catch up, as we speak and have great product support.

By all means they are not the top contender of the group, but they can sure hold there own.

Keep what you have and enjoy it.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

my two Traxxas slash trucks just make me smile
I love racing my buggy off road but when I throw one of my
trucks stock or mod down on that oval with like ten slash
trucks that will make you smile call them wal-mart or not
they are fun
Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default "Walmart brand RC"

Not sure who said Traxxas sucked but we all know that they dont. Excellent rigs with several championships 2 boot! (such as the Revo, etc....) Hmmmmm, guess the "Walmart" brand isn't so bad after all.... LOL!

Also for those of you wanting to learn, the Slayer is based off the Revo. It is a scale truck and yes, it can be a challenge to drive if you dont have it set up properly. Take some time, get to know your rig and dial it in for your application. The Slayer is a fun, fast truck and with a few tweaks, good to go on the track.

Dont listen to the idiots that make stupid comments as such. Know the facts and enjoy!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Traxxas is one of the greatest american developed vehicles. In there start they were focused on racing vehicles and then decided to switch over to ready to run vehicles. They are a great company and stand behind there products.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

the traxxas rustler was my first car. im now driving 1/8th buggys and i still run a slash for fun.

you can just beat the hell out of these cars and they dont brake.

and i do work at a hobby shop( hobbypeople) and i have to say. traxxas is the best selling company we sell. i know we dont sell a lot of the high end companys but we normaly only sale to people looking to get into the hobby and they always leave with a traxxas car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.