R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Spektrum delay. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/319731-spektrum-delay.html)

smb17 08-14-2009 02:02 AM

Spektrum delay.

Did they fix this yet? I went to the track a few days ago for the first time in a while. I noticed that the spektrum in my M111 was giving me some hastle (slow) so I'm thinking of putting the fm stuff back in. So if im wrong stop me =P because it's getting replaced right now.:o

DOMIT 08-14-2009 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by smb17 (Post 6203397)
Did they fix this yet? I went to the track a few days ago for the first time in a while. I noticed that the spektrum in my M111 was giving me some hastle (slow) so I'm thinking of putting the fm stuff back in. So if im wrong stop me =P because it's getting replaced right now.:o

You aren't running unregulated lipos with the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system are you? If so, get a regulator. The Airtronics receiver will NOT handle an unregulated lipo.
(The Spektrum, as in Spektrum BRAND, will.) The Airtronics made one will do more than just get slow if you run an unregulated lipo... you're lucky you haven't had a runaway if you are running it.

Also, there are 2 versions of the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system... do you have the old one or the new one?

(a hint: If you just got it, and you saw 2 versions and 1 was cheaper... you probably got the older one.)

Integra 08-14-2009 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 6203772)
You aren't running unregulated lipos with the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system are you? If so, get a regulator. The Airtronics receiver will NOT handle an unregulated lipo.
(The Spektrum, as in Spektrum BRAND, will.) The Airtronics made one will do more than just get slow if you run an unregulated lipo... you're lucky you haven't had a runaway if you are running it.

Also, there are 2 versions of the Airtronics 2.4 ghz system... do you have the old one or the new one?

(a hint: If you just got it, and you saw 2 versions and 1 was cheaper... you probably got the older one.)

I could have sworn Air had a 2 cell lipo safe RX system....maybe it was a dream...but im almost positive i saw an article for them....maybe not tho. :lol:

smb17 08-14-2009 07:32 AM

no i don't run lipo anything. All rechareables. i forgot what they are exactly but you know what I mean. But I think I'm going back to the FM stuff. Its whatever plugs into the M11 TX. the 1001 is the number on it. It's all for surface n all that. Just the reaction speed is off on it =/.

wingracer 08-14-2009 09:22 AM

I prefer FM. When I went to Spektrum in my good old M8, I didn't notice any delay or slowness. Everything felt fine but I had the worst year of racing I have ever had. I was just making too many mistakes and wrecking way too much. Went back to FM and all my mad driving skills magically reappeared. :D

bjr48 08-14-2009 03:43 PM

Is Futaba's FAAST system any different/better? I've been thinking about replacing my AM system finally over the winter :lol::lol: (seriously! :blush:)
Never had any trouble with AM but I know I'm missing out somewhat.

I know this is like choosing motor oil as far as getting the "best" radio but most arguments are spekrum vs. FM. Is Futaba's system any different?

fatdaddy 08-14-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by bjr48 (Post 6205781)
Is Futaba's FAAST system any different/better? I've been thinking about replacing my AM system finally over the winter :lol::lol: (seriously! :blush:)
Never had any trouble with AM but I know I'm missing out somewhat.

I know this is like choosing motor oil as far as getting the "best" radio but most arguments are spekrum vs. FM. Is Futaba's system any different?

same principals as the rest

smb17 08-16-2009 09:25 PM

So I should stick to FM?

If anyone wants to sell their crystals shoot me a PM.

pdmustgt 08-16-2009 09:44 PM

From what has happened to me with 1st DSM system there was a slight delay when the car was very far away. But on the track it never gets that far away. The nice thing about any of the DSM system not having to be worried about some a-hole in the pit turning there radio on and screwing your day.

smb17 08-16-2009 10:18 PM

Well at revelation raceway I notice a delay in the system. Ill try the FM on tuesday night and see how it goes.

Cory Kerber 09-07-2009 09:35 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i've got a question that i couldn't quite find a answer too. I have an M11 with Pro module, but the original spektrum receiver(Grey one) I've noticed a definite amount of delay in the system. Would upgrading the receiver to the PRO version fix this?

smb17 09-07-2009 10:41 PM

Cory I have been told it would. But I just went back to FM and racked up as many crystals as I could while I can find them. I think that would be the cheapest solution. Nowa days no one runs fm. So I havent had to change crystals in a long long long time. Hope this helped!