Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Truggy Set Up Station

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default The Best Truggy Set Up Station

Hello

I am after a good set up station for a truggy...

What seem to be the better ones on the market...

Thank you
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
Hello

I am after a good set up station for a truggy...

What seem to be the better ones on the market...

Thank you
RUF-VK, I use a "HUDY" setup station on my truggy/buggy, they are
excellent quality, easy to use etc..but they come with a buggy toe guage, so you will have to purchase a truggy one seperately, also I got mine thru
A-MAIN HOBBIES(USA).....
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Do they come in an all in one deal with set up board and a all in one storage case?

Also what other gauges do I need such as droop and ride height gauges and stuff?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

The Hudy Setup station is prob one of the best if not the best and very easy to use as stated before.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
Do they come in an all in one deal with set up board and a all in one storage case?

Also what other gauges do I need such as droop and ride height gauges and stuff?

Thanks
unfortunatly not, you just get the stands & toe gauge in box(buggy), as i said ya will have to buy toe gauge to suit truggy, and setup board is extra,
I just use a piece of glass(cheaper) as a platform, and as for ride height gauges etc, depends how fussy ya wanna be? AE make rideheight gauge,
and there would be other brands out there, just shop around,,hope I have
helped ya, good luck...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Been and done that before.

Better off with Hudy station makes it 10 times easier and faster
Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'll have to go with everyone else and say the Hudy set-up station is the best. Not the cheapest piece of equiptment but one of the most important. If you want to save a few bucks, Integy has a pretty good one. It's a knock off of the Hudy, but still does the same things.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Got my Hudy last Monday Carolina Nationals were this Sat & Sun. After using the Hudy I ran my fastest Quals ever (which aint saying much). I would have placed second in sportsman Truggy if my battery had not quit on me . I'm not going to say that the Hudy made me faster. What I can say is that I knew my set up was spot on and I never thought about it again the entire weekend. Just set it and forget it concentrate on racing. Which probably had more to do with it than anything.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how about HARD? Hudy is good, but very pricey.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I have the team magic one and it works great. To me, its just like the hudy one.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A set up station for a Truggy?!!? Please. I think setup stations for offroad are a complete waste of money.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutfluff
A set up station for a Truggy?!!? Please. I think setup stations for offroad are a complete waste of money.

Please elaborate....

If someone has the money and time then let them do what they want to do. But thanks for your incredibly valuable contribution to this discussion.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's just I am not sure whether HUDY is worth the extra money or whether I should go with another brand that is cheaper...
Old 08-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

First RC lesson most people learn. Trying to save a buck in this hobby only cost you more in the long run. It's like buying cheap tools. Yeah you saved a few dollars in the beginning but you had to replace the tools and buy them again. I'm sure the Hudy is not the only quality set up station out there. I think the team magic station might be a pretty good one. However without a doubt you know the Hudy is. So why bother taking a chance. Worst case scenario. you spend the $210 for the complete truggy set up minus the setup board $250 with set up board. If you get board with it you can sell it for $160 without and $200 with set up board second hand with ease. Check ebay see the resale on them. They hold there value quite well because everyone knows there the best period.

Got mine for $150 shipped on this site complete with truggy Toe. See the for sale section.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
Please elaborate....

If someone has the money and time then let them do what they want to do. But thanks for your incredibly valuable contribution to this discussion.
Take that time and money and spend it at the track running laps... find the right tires and you have 90% of the correct set-up. I can see setup stations valuable in onroad where the track remains relatively consistent compared to the minute by minute changes in an offroad track...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.