Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Starter Box Needed >

Starter Box Needed

Starter Box Needed

Old 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

OFNA chrome top is definitely your best bet. It's very durable. And can be used with just about any buggy or truggy. I use a 12v battery from old computer ups's to power mine.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trail Bruizer
I've been very impressed with this box. It is the same as the Ofna truggy box minus one of the 770 motors. I've used it to break in a new motor and it is nice and light weight. If you wanted you could add another motor to it later down the road as well.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=OFN10245
1+++ I've had mine three years and it's funny how many come over and use it whan it starts getting late. But I got two big stik pac's for it. But some day I'll get the truggy box 'cause that thing will start a small block Chevy.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane369
Quick question while everyones talking about the ofna truggy box. I currently use the 2 stick packs, anyone use the gel cell battery in theirs? If so does it seem to last any longer? I have 12v 8ah batteries at work and I've thought about trying one but curious if there was any power loss or anything.
Even with a gel cell the box will turn any motor over. If you already have the gel cell throw it in there for right now, until you can get a lipo.