Wiki Posts
Search

Best 1:8 RTR Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Best 1:8 RTR Buggy

Whats everyones opinion on the best RTR kit on the market at the moment?

I mentioned on another thread I thinks its the Associated RC8RS.

I know opinions will change but it could be interesting...........
Old 08-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

I have an RC8B but would have to say the Losi 2.0 RTR is the best RTR on the market.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by sperera
Whats everyones opinion on the best RTR kit on the market at the moment?

I mentioned on another thread I thinks its the Associated RC8RS.

I know opinions will change but it could be interesting...........
I think the RC8RS and the team Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR are the best to get because they come with pretty decent servos the rc8 comes with a computerized fm radio the 8ight comes with a dx3s and they are the not hopped up versions of two great buggys that have proven they can win in big races
Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beta bob
I think the RC8RS and the team Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR are the best to get because they come with pretty decent servos the rc8 comes with a computerized fm radio the 8ight comes with a dx3s and they are the not hopped up versions of two great buggys that have proven they can win in big races
Wow DX3s in a kit, impressive.

Ive been seing allot of 8ight info on this sight. I want to buy a buggy in a couple of months specifically for racing. I havent read anything yet on the 8ight but I will before I make my decision on which one to get.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Well if you want to bet a buggy thats race ready but in rtr form then those two are a good choice but to upgrade them to the pro kits is over $300 in upgrades so if you ever want to upgrade then your better off with just saving up and buying the pro kit. I was in your same position until i realized it would be cheaper to just get a kit and engine since i already have radio and two jr9100s servos and i only spent $700
Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beta bob
Well if you want to bet a buggy thats race ready but in rtr form then those two are a good choice but to upgrade them to the pro kits is over $300 in upgrades so if you ever want to upgrade then your better off with just saving up and buying the pro kit. I was in your same position until i realized it would be cheaper to just get a kit and engine since i already have radio and two jr9100s servos and i only spent $700
Well I plan to buy a good radio this weekend so I dont really want to pay for another one, just buy another reciever.

I would like something around the upper end. Something that is capable of competing with the top end of the sport. I dont want to buy a roller and have to install servo's, tank etc.

Ideally everything except radio, i dont mind installing an engine myself but thats about it.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Well I plan to buy a good radio this weekend so I dont really want to pay for another one, just buy another reciever.

I would like something around the upper end. Something that is capable of competing with the top end of the sport. I dont want to buy a roller and have to install servo's, tank etc.

Ideally everything except radio, i dont mind installing an engine myself but thats about it.
if your planning to get a radio this weekend i would reccomend getting the RC8RS because you'll want to upgrade from the radio that comes with it anways. the servos are pretty good for an rtr buggy. i love mine and its pretty durable imo. but if you plan to get the losi RTR buggy dont get a radio yet because it comes with a really good one.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I drove this kids new rtr 2.0 on the track and was really good. He had upgraded the steering servo. It was really cool to see the speed and engine temp on the radio in real time. Handled good and made good power.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the info guys.

Are both the RC8RS and 8ight cabaple of winning the big events?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the info guys.

Are both the RC8RS and 8ight cabaple of winning the big events?
i dont know about the "big" races but they are both capable of winning for sure.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

It can win big events if you have the skill. Like adam drake can pick up a 8ight rtr and be competitive in a big event he would have to have some luck on his side to win though.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The 8ight 2.0 gives you alot for the money. The rc8rs is kinda lacking compared to the race kit rc8b. The shocks alone to upgrade would be 75 bucks and up. The 2.0 shocks are the same except for the caps.

Plus that body looks really good in person.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

whatever one you like better is what you should get. the 8ight does come with the starter box and the rc8rs is roto start which is a pain!!! i switched to a starter box the second day i got mine. if you get the chance to drive them both you could see which one fits your driving style better.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Good for a first racer for sure in other word.

Might even talk to the local hobby shop about building me one.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I bought a 8ight 2.0 rtr buggy and i love it. race it every other weekend with very good results, beating lots of kits.
you said you want to get it just to race, well the rc8 comes with a .28 that would have to be changed out before racing, where the 8ight comes with a race legal .21.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.