R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   grp engines (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/316981-grp-engines.html)

comedyman809 08-03-2009 09:32 AM

grp engines

i looked on losi.com, and they just have a page that shows a little info about grp engines

i went to horrizohobby.com, they have no display of grp engines.
can someone provide a link to where i can pick out a grp.21 engine, and a link to where i can buy one from, thanks!

no one seems to sell them, who does???

token 08-03-2009 09:44 AM

GRP Engines are no more

wingracer 08-03-2009 09:46 AM

Their plant burned to the ground and they have abandoned the engines. They are back to making tires but don't expect to see anymore engines from them anytime soon.

MadRussian 08-03-2009 10:37 AM

Which sucks, I was a big fan of their engines, I still have a Ninja .21, .28, and a GRP .21 and .28

comedyman809 08-03-2009 10:42 AM

ouch!!

that stinks.

that explains it.

onge65 08-03-2009 11:14 AM

I called Horizen today and asked them about the GRP motors and parts.She told me they just had a meeting at the end of last week and Grp came up in it and they were told that Grp is going to make the parts and they would start coming in in the near future.She told me the demand was to high not to make the parts.So time will tell,I have two motors I would love to buy parts for and rebuild.They were two of the best motors I ever had,they just need a rebuild and I need piston and sleeves for them.I'm crossing my fingers.

token 08-03-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by onge65 (Post 6155265)
I called Horizen today and asked them about the GRP motors and parts.She told me they just had a meeting at the end of last week and Grp came up in it and they were told that Grp is going to make the parts and they would start coming in in the near future.She told me the demand was to high not to make the parts.So time will tell,I have two motors I would love to buy parts for and rebuild.They were two of the best motors I ever had,they just need a rebuild and I need piston and sleeves for them.I'm crossing my fingers.

Yeah - good luck, my inside losi sources say that it was a bad break up between the two companies and Losi did not want to do nothing with GRP at all.

comedyman809 08-03-2009 12:03 PM

ok, well when i replace the motor on my 8ight 2.0 rtr, what motor should i buy, i do not want to buy an expensive motor. im not sure what the cost of the grp motors were, but i would want to spend 100-200 dollars. thats it, it isnt worth it to be that competetive.

if an engine company would pay my mortage, then maybe i would get a fancy engine.

wingracer 08-03-2009 12:07 PM

One of the cheaper Nova based motors.