Search

What happened to Carolinas RC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by drewmugx5t
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

BTW these o-rings are awesome, I just use them in my rear diff in my mbx6. Never any leaks even with 1K or 2K oil
Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well!Amain bought the rest of the store and website.(its on Neobuggy)I don't know about the forum.The forum has been separated from the store back a few months ago so hope it stay that way...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gabe sent out the hit squad and got the forum back. Good job Gabe!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

LOL. Hobby shops who don't like A Main need to step up their game and get their heads out of their asses. A Main decided to break the old skool mom and pop retail mindset and change the RC retail landscape. Hate them for being innovative and aggressive? It Darwinism at it's best. The business world has changed and people that don't change with it are lazy and will fall by the wayside. They complain there is no money in RC.....A Main would disagree. There can be lots of money in RC, you just have to work really hard at it.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Its like the the Walmart vs small gros. stores.Our hobby shop buy 3-4 race engines from the distributor at the time ,in the same time Amain buy 30-40 engines ....As we know if u buy more u get better deal,and u can sale it cheaper to the customer!But on the other side i know hobby shop simply just too greedy...
Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
LOL. Hobby shops who don't like A Main need to step up their game and get their heads out of their asses. A Main decided to break the old skool mom and pop retail mindset and change the RC retail landscape. Hate them for being innovative and aggressive? It Darwinism at it's best. The business world has changed and people that don't change with it are lazy and will fall by the wayside. They complain there is no money in RC.....A Main would disagree. There can be lots of money in RC, you just have to work really hard at it.
The problem with your theory is the money behind the scenes. Small time hobby shops cannot compete with the millions of dollars of working capital that A main has. Mom and Pop put up their life savings of $100,000 to open a hobby shop and just cant compete with the unlimited cash flow of A main, and Tower Hobbies. Couple that with the fact that since A main places such huge orders the factories will ship them first and everyone else is left to fight over the scraps. I give them credit though as they have taken RC retail to the next level and Kendall has earned every cent he makes.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
The problem with your theory is the money behind the scenes. Small time hobby shops cannot compete with the millions of dollars of working capital that A main has. Mom and Pop put up their life savings of $100,000 to open a hobby shop and just cant compete with the unlimited cash flow of A main, and Tower Hobbies. Couple that with the fact that since A main places such huge orders the factories will ship them first and everyone else is left to fight over the scraps. I give them credit though as they have taken RC retail to the next level and Kendall has earned every cent he makes.
Every business has to start somewhere and every successful business does not start with millions in working capital. Growth can be attributed to hard work and progressive thinking. I still think too many mom and pop shops rely on sympathy instead of changing business practices with the times. Maybe a lot of them have too much passion but not enough savy. You may never be able to compete fully with A Main but you should be able to co-exist and still make a living.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This comment isnt directed at any one individual. That being said, I think its hilarious that so many people think they know so much about the behind the scenes business practice at A Main Hobbies, how much money is made on each kit, how many individual products are purchased at a time, etc...think you know? Trust me, you have no idea.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

From a business theory perspective, smaller companies need to focus on where they can compete with a larger company. Obviously, they can't compete on price but there are other areas they maybe able to compete on. They might be able to provide services that Amain doesn't or exploit weaknesses. They can also provide superior customer service. There are distinctive advantages to smaller companies who are more agile and can respond to the customer quickly. As companies get larger, there processes get more complex and their ability to see you as a customer and not an account number diminishes immensely.

One of the things Caronlinas did best is that if you placed your order before 3pm it would leave the same day. I have placed orders with Amain on a Sunday morning and it has shipped out Tuesday late afternoon local time. Due to this, there have been orders that I did not receive by the same week and therefore had to go to the track without needed parts.

Personally, I like companies to respond to my needs on a personal basis so I will try to give those companies my business. Generally, smaller companies do this much better then larger ones. I have curtailed my spending with Amain as much as possible.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

nm
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by petevette
From a business theory perspective, smaller companies need to focus on where they can compete with a larger company. Obviously, they can't compete on price but there are other areas they maybe able to compete on. They might be able to provide services that Amain doesn't or exploit weaknesses. They can also provide superior customer service. There are distinctive advantages to smaller companies who are more agile and can respond to the customer quickly. As companies get larger, there processes get more complex and their ability to see you as a customer and not an account number diminishes immensely.

One of the things Caronlinas did best is that if you placed your order before 3pm it would leave the same day. I have placed orders with Amain on a Sunday morning and it has shipped out Tuesday late afternoon local time. Due to this, there have been orders that I did not receive by the same week and therefore had to go to the track without needed parts.

Personally, I like companies to respond to my needs on a personal basis so I will try to give those companies my business. Generally, smaller companies do this much better then larger ones. I have curtailed my spending with Amain as much as possible.

+1 i have to agree with that on consumer service with smaller online r/c stores for instance bluegrass hobbies.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Prophet

well, you know hobby stores make the most money from airplanes and helis the most i mean look at the price for them thing and not to mention the amount of breaking parts on them.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Every business has to start somewhere and every successful business does not start with millions in working capital. Growth can be attributed to hard work and progressive thinking. I still think too many mom and pop shops rely on sympathy instead of changing business practices with the times. Maybe a lot of them have too much passion but not enough savy. You may never be able to compete fully with A Main but you should be able to co-exist and still make a living.
Kendall was a millionaire already from his IT business. He didnt start with a limited budget like most of the Local shops, but I hear what your saying. It was more his computer knowledge than his money that made him successful He created a easy to navigate easy to shop website and it took off for him