Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB Mods No Longer Go Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by megasaxon
Guess he'll hafta swith to Novarossi or something, not the point here tho.

I wish good luck to EBMODS and hope the new JS engines are as hot as everything else i've seen by them! I may just hafta try one in my truggy
I here what your saying man I just love guys that come on to forums and make statements about out peoples businesses, when they've probably never run 1 themselves and never will and because of that they will never understand why companies change suppliers.

the change from Go engines more than likely to do with supply of parts, or price of parts than the quality of them... it could also be that Go are now using most of his uprades as standard release now, coated carb slide, wrist pin and crank

From all reports Ed does a great job on his engines and stands behind his product so at the end of the day it shouldn't matter what engine supplier he's using as your buying his end product not theirs.

Also theres no one holding a gun to your head to buy them... it's still your choice....so some people need to learn not to bad mouth other products as not everyone has the same experience as they have and there is no such thing as a perfect company or a perfect product......

sorry for the Rant just my 50c ( I think I went a little over 2c)

Adrian
Old 08-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ditto to what Adrian said above...

Most of you guys don't know Ed personally, but he's someone that cares a TON about what people have to say about him. When people come online posting negativity, ones first thought is to be pissed. Sure some people handle that differently, but Ed is a motor head. The guy lives, breathes, eats, sh!ts and sleeps nitro engines. Except for Saturday nights. I just had to Ed.

I personally run Ed's modded V Specs, Ninja JXs, GO engines, and his fuel. Every engine runs awesome and I'm waiting to get an attempt to run one of his sample JS engines. If I'm lucky I might get to try it at Pro Series in Delaware next weekend and be able to provide feedback to everyone here.

All I'm saying is cut Ed some slack. He's a one man band with his business. Let the man work his magic and he will put out an official press release for the new engine. Once the full production unit is tested and blue printed, racers will NOT be disappointed.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Ditto to what Adrian said above...

Most of you guys don't know Ed personally, but he's someone that cares a TON about what people have to say about him. When people come online posting negativity, ones first thought is to be pissed. Sure some people handle that differently, but Ed is a motor head. The guy lives, breathes, eats, sh!ts and sleeps nitro engines. Except for Saturday nights. I just had to Ed.

I personally run Ed's modded V Specs, Ninja JXs, GO engines, and his fuel. Every engine runs awesome and I'm waiting to get an attempt to run one of his sample JS engines. If I'm lucky I might get to try it at Pro Series in Delaware next weekend and be able to provide feedback to everyone here.

All I'm saying is cut Ed some slack. He's a one man band with his business. Let the man work his magic and he will put out an official press release for the new engine. Once the full production unit is tested and blue printed, racers will NOT be disappointed.
+1

Originally Posted by schreff
Except for Saturday nights. I just had to Ed.
ROTFLMAO!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They are listed in his store already. I did not try to order one so it might be a backorder thing until offical release. Word is Go Tech could not keep up with his demand on the mills they were producing together. This was a reason for the switch and new mill. Not to mention some parts shortages

Last edited by jazjato; 08-02-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jazjato
They are listed in his store already. I did not try to order one so it might be a backorder thing until offical release. Word is Go Tech could not keep up with his demand on the mills they were producing together. This was the reason for the switch and new mill. Not to mention some parts shortages
That was NOT the reason for switching to the JS engine factory. If you read EB's previous posts he explains his reasoning behind the switch..
Old 08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

My fault I guess I was mis infromed. Was not a slam on Go actually just saying how well Ed was doing with them
Old 08-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

My fault I guess I was mis infromed. Was not a slam on Go actually just saying how well Ed was doing with them
no worries, this thread has just been so crazy with assumptions, and opinions i did't want anyone else being misinformed.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

They are listed in his store already. I did not try to order one so it might be a backorder thing until offical release. Word is Go Tech could not keep up with his demand on the mills they were producing together. This was a reason for the switch and new mill. Not to mention some parts shortages
seems Go has had a lot of trouble keeping up with demand for conrods, carb o-rings and cranks, i wonder why? lol
Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
How can you not know. the GRP factory burnt to the ground in very susspisous curcumstances after moving all there tire manufactoring equipment out.

I was taking a poke at the poster as he commented on Go engines problems and he runs GRP all I can say is good luck getting any sort of backup with them now
Ok i knew that, GRP has said that they are rebuilding the facility as quick as possible to get back on track. Why would you spout off things like that?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Congrats on the new engine deal you got goin on here Ed. I look forward to checking out the dyno graphs.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by German Muscle
Ok i knew that, GRP has said that they are rebuilding the facility as quick as possible to get back on track. Why would you spout off things like that?
my understanding is that they will only being doing tires, no more engines...
Old 08-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

According to GRP's official statement they will not be producing engines anymore
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
According to GRP's official statement they will not be producing engines anymore
This is true.

As for the JS engine, Ed and i have spoke about the JS motor, and i can tell you that this will be a solid race engine, I dont now the facts of what exctly is going on with GO other than maybe supply and demand as stated abouve, I also know that when some companies have someone like ED developing and designing things off there engine's, well they can really get a perspective on what is not right about them, then the company may say well we are happy with the way it is and not want to spend the money to correct it, or as also stated abouve end up using his profile on parts that he has suggested or asked to be made a certain way for his line, and then reipe the benifites and use his design with no benifite for ED.

It seems better to use a company that has the ability and has the supply to build a engine for you, I know Ed has always wanted to build his own motor's and and i know what that motor would be based off of, or the design specs anyway, and if you look at the pic on the front page of the website, which I'm supprised noone has mentioned it during all the BS going on here, but in the end this will be a great motor if Ed's design is behind it, The crank should look very familiar to all of you, the bore and stroke should be interesting to see for sure. I cant wait to get one in the shop.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

What happened to Go Engines anyways(not that I was ever a fan), teh distributor Racefactor Industries is in limbo it appears?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
This is true.

As for the JS engine, Ed and i have spoke about the JS motor, and i can tell you that this will be a solid race engine, I dont now the facts of what exctly is going on with GO other than maybe supply and demand as stated abouve, I also know that when some companies have someone like ED developing and designing things off there engine's, well they can really get a perspective on what is not right about them, then the company may say well we are happy with the way it is and not want to spend the money to correct it, or as also stated abouve end up using his profile on parts that he has suggested or asked to be made a certain way for his line, and then reipe the benifites and use his design with no benifite for ED.

It seems better to use a company that has the ability and has the supply to build a engine for you, I know Ed has always wanted to build his own motor's and and i know what that motor would be based off of, or the design specs anyway, and if you look at the pic on the front page of the website, which I'm supprised noone has mentioned it during all the BS going on here, but in the end this will be a great motor if Ed's design is behind it, The crank should look very familiar to all of you, the bore and stroke should be interesting to see for sure. I cant wait to get one in the shop.

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing from the second I saw the internals pic, why no body says the obvious? it looks like the bore and stroke will be 16.00 x 16.60 .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.