R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   os speed question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/315439-os-speed-question.html)

quicklosi 07-28-2009 08:42 AM

os speed question

i just sent my piston/sleeve out to get pinched. i am also wanting to replace the bearings in the case. should i wait until after i break in the pinched p/s to replace the bearings, do it before, or does it really matter either way?

Frank L 07-28-2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by quicklosi (Post 6128518)
i just sent my piston/sleeve out to get pinched. i am also wanting to replace the bearings in the case. should i wait until after i break in the pinched p/s to replace the bearings, do it before, or does it really matter either way?

Replace the bearings now before the break in, that way they can seat with the new piston and sleeve. Thats the best way in my opinion.

Racecrafter 07-28-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 6128623)
Replace the bearings now before the break in, that way they can seat with the new piston and sleeve. Thats the best way in my opinion.

I would recommend the same. That way anything thats lurking in the old bearings doesn't ruin your fresh pinch.

Frank L 07-28-2009 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by quicklosi (Post 6128518)

BTW how many gallons did you get out of your speed before you had it pinched?

quicklosi 07-28-2009 12:07 PM

maybe 3 gallons on a new piston and sleeve. i let e friend use it and i think he got it too hot. thats what you get for letting friends use your stuff right lol. also when i got it back there was a little bit of really fine bust on the inside of the restrictor so it way have gotten some dust in there too. not sure if he was using oil on his airfilter. i hoping this pinch will do the trick so i dont have to buy a new p/s. seeing the dust is also my reason for wanting to change the bearings

quicklosi 07-28-2009 12:08 PM

but just to let you know on the original p/s/conrod i got almost 9 gallons out of it!!!

token 07-28-2009 12:17 PM

First of all I would never let a freind, cousin or uncle or brother drive my 500 dollar engine.

Second of all I have a speed with 11 gallons and still kickin strong.

YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THE PISTON DBC, EVERYTIME. THEN YOU WILL BE FINE

JoeyTheRocket 07-28-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by token (Post 6129484)
YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THE PISTON DBC, EVERYTIME. THEN YOU WILL BE FINE

+1 Mine has 13 gallons on it, never rebuilt, just a new carb!

Mine has ran hot once or twice also.

Frank L 07-28-2009 10:51 PM

I just hit the 3 gallon mark and its running better than ever feels like it has really come alive. I have got it hot once too around 280. Man I love this engine. :)

token 07-29-2009 07:29 AM

it takes a few gallons to get them broken in

lucky2 07-29-2009 07:41 AM

speed motor

i have thirteen and just replaced bearings and motor is still going strong how can bitch about that? as for bearing replacement do it now as all above have said.