Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB concept Fuel gun.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Default RB concept Fuel gun.

Has anyone used these. Price isn't as bad as the Kyosho or Novarossi guns.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...l-Gun-with-bag

I'm just tired of my pit momo spilling fuel all over my chassis and pipe. Not real good to spill cold fuel on my pipe.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

wow thats expensive!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The Rb gun is probably one of the best I've used but the clear plastic ones are nice because you can see the fuel drop. Losi and Proline both make cheaper plastic ones.

Rex
Old 09-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used this Xceed fuel gun, and it is excellent. Many serpent guys used it.

And it is only a fraction of price of RB fuel gun.

http://www.rc-toro.com/product_info....d82b3fd6a9f51d
Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, the Losi gun is an option. Just wondering if the extra $20 for the RB is worth it.

Less leaks?

Then theres the Novarossi gun which is eaven pricier!

Just want to buy a quality fueler once.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

As far as ive seen(you've seen it too of you wouldnt be asking)they all leak. I guess "LESS LEAKS" would be a relative term. I've seen some plastic guns be good for month with just normal leaks & some of the same brand be unusable from new. I can only think that with being almost completely machined aluminum it has better tolerance & less leaks. But I assume your thinking the same by asking about this particular gun.I have never seen this one in use at any race around socal though. Only one way to find out & its still barely more than a set of wheels to find out.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

All fuel guns leak. the Losi and proline guns work great, and are not hard on the wallet. To stop leaks, fill it right before the driver pits, No need to fill it full, just 140cc for buggy, and 170cc for truggy. That way, you fill the tank, with a few cc left over in the gun.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have that gun and it leak's just like all of them do but it only Leak's from the Air Bleed and not the tip just do like Bigedmond said and do not fill the gun all the way up and it wont leak a drop.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
I have that gun and it leak's just like all of them do but it only Leak's from the Air Bleed and not the tip just do like Bigedmond said and do not fill the gun all the way up and it wont leak a drop.
Thankyou.

so the airbleed is on top right. Generally if I fill it before a race and hand it to my pit guy, as lond as he holds it upright its ok.

I race outdoors, so I'm not concerned about driping a little. I just don't want my pit guy lighting someones shoes on fire.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

VP-PRO-USA has a fuel gun that is light on the wallot plus it works great. Clear plastic which is great to see the fuel actually filling the tank
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Thankyou.

so the airbleed is on top right. Generally if I fill it before a race and hand it to my pit guy, as lond as he holds it upright its ok.

I race outdoors, so I'm not concerned about driping a little. I just don't want my pit guy lighting someones shoes on fire.
Just had him the gun empty, and a full fuel bottle. Tell him to load it when he says next lap, come in. That way, its ready.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Ok, I'll try that. thanks.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The RB gun is great. Here is how to use it. Take the gun, a fuel bottle, and a gallon fuel jug with you to the pits. Just stick the gun into the open mouth of the gallon jug. About one minute before the stop, use the fuel bottle to fill the gun until fuel starts coming out of the air nozzles on the nose of the gun. Close it up and take out the gun. Shake it around a bit to get a little excess fuel out of it (not much, just a little swirling around our you might dump too much out). Make the stop and put the gun back in the gallon jug until it's time to fill it again for the next stop. No need to fill it right away.

If you should have to do a sudden unscheduled stop for repairs, tuning etc. and want to fill it up, just use the bottle.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Could you use a fuel gun for a truggy?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i had one..it is fast. i have a novarossi now and the RB was faster but i like the nova because it is clear...but yes the RB fuel gun is very good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.