R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RBInnovations Supercharger (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/314064-rbinnovations-supercharger.html)

devbloggs 07-22-2009 07:10 PM

RBInnovations Supercharger

hello,

im wondering if anyone has had any luck / demise with one of RB Innovations' supercharger, the good, the bad. I'm curious if its worth the $160 USD to purchase one

31794ty 07-22-2009 07:12 PM

They are junk. They lean the motor out and make it run like junk. The reason they don't work is because the inlet and exhaust port are open at the same time. So you are just pushing all of the fuel out the exhaust port...

Kimixii 07-23-2009 06:40 AM

Yeah they are junk. This is coming from the guy that installed a few working at a hobby shop. It makes your engine hard as ____ to tune, the supercharger is made of cheap metal, the one we put on a revo bent the mount just from 1 tank of fuel, and once you get the engine tuned it really doesnt work, at all. Looks, maybe. But its a huge waste of money.

devbloggs 07-23-2009 06:52 AM

I thought so. Mainly because the of the exhaust side being open at the same time as the intake. I bet if they made a pipe to add extra back pressure they would work better and be easier to maintain.

Other then a different pipe. Is there anything that will give me a significant power gain?

JoeyTheRocket 07-23-2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by devbloggs (Post 6105577)
Is there anything that will give me a significant power gain?

Bigger motor + Sidewinder fuel!!! :lol:

token 07-23-2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by devbloggs (Post 6105577)
I thought so. Mainly because the of the exhaust side being open at the same time as the intake. I bet if they made a pipe to add extra back pressure they would work better and be easier to maintain.

Other then a different pipe. Is there anything that will give me a significant power gain?

What are you driving? What do you did with it? BASH or RACE.

Insane Nitro 07-24-2009 07:37 PM

no replacement for displacement:nod: Ran two super chargers on ws7II in twin engine puller and tuned them with the sales rep from RB they made them more responsive on bottom end but had I had to pay for them I would have been disappointed was a short sponsorship as I only run what works!!! No major gain for the money. Have tried them all several world championships more power = more displacement !!! Twin engines is best bang for huge overkill power

Petra 07-24-2009 07:52 PM

If we were running proper 4-stroke engines, their SC kits would [hypothetically] yield a pretty decent power boost... but since the intake and exhaust valves of a 2-stroke are open at the same time (or, in our case, not having any valves at all), you're just going to blow more fuel right out the exhaust and probably screw up the air:fuel mix while you're at it.

I'm kinda surprised to see these SC kits mentioned, though... especially after just getting back into r/c after a 5 year hiatus. Talk about a blast from the past :rolleyes: