Wiki Posts
Search

RX Liporun times

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
I have still not purchased any of those. I think the time has come for me to push the big blue button. I'm running 5955 and 7955, so i'll give it a shot regulatorless.

like i said i would trust them to a 45 min main.....i might stretch an hr...but its not exactly easy to tell on track when the lipo's about to dump Unless you use a regulator that has a light on it telling you the status....which is something i wish the losi's came with but oh well.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the Reedy pack does use the Align plug which is somewhat standard.

The Losi pack uses a special plug though and unless your using their charger your gonna need to buy one of their adapters. I had the Losi pack before and even had to modify the adapter to make it work. Thats why I got the Reedy pack its just plug and play.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing

The Losi pack uses a special plug though and unless your using their charger your gonna need to buy one of their adapters. I had the Losi pack before and even had to modify the adapter to make it work. Thats why I got the Reedy pack its just plug and play.
Yes, the Losi packs run a different type adapter. It's more commonly know as a Thunder Power balance connector. I bought the Losi balance charger and it only works with those plugs unless you get align adapters which i did.

I don't know what chargers you guys use, but this will work for the Losi packs.
Thunder Power/Losi Balance Board
Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Integra
like i said i would trust them to a 45 min main.....i might stretch an hr...but its not exactly easy to tell on track when the lipo's about to dump Unless you use a regulator that has a light on it telling you the status....which is something i wish the losi's came with but oh well.

We only only 20 minute mains, so i should be good.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been running unregulated LiPo for some time now. Nomadio radio, Hitec 7955 servos, in both my RC8T/RC8 . On average, I use about 100mah per tank, give or take 10mah. That's about 10 minutes of runtime, or approximately 10mah/minute, on my setup.

Oh, and those 900 mah packs Integra's referring to are awesome, and they will fit the RC8. The best battery deal yet, and the plug works with the Hyperion type balancer ( Method balancer ).
Old 08-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I've been running unregulated LiPo for some time now. Nomadio radio, Hitec 7955 servos, in both my RC8T/RC8 . On average, I use about 100mah per tank, give or take 10mah. That's about 10 minutes of runtime, or approximately 10mah/minute, on my setup.

Oh, and those 900 mah packs Integra's referring to are awesome, and they will fit the RC8. The best battery deal yet, and the plug works with the Hyperion type balancer ( Method balancer ).
thx for posting buddy.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
thx for posting buddy.
For sure . I'm likely going to buy 3 more of them. At our club's last points race, I ran one in my buggy ( I have 2 in there, one for practice and quallies, one for the main ) through a practice tank, and then 3 5 minute qualifiers, and warm-ups ( 2-4 minutes ), and then forgot to plug the fresh battery in for the main ( 20 minutes ), I failsafed twice in the race, and was battling for first, but broke @ the 15 minute mark! DOH!

I don't suggest trying to run that long on 900 mah...I just forgot in the heat of the moment, but still had no issues. Great batteries if you ask me.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

I ran one in the 45 min main at the nats and it took 650mah after....and we had a goood 7-10 min warm up.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ordered a "800" to try it out. It's the same size as the 900, so who knows if it's even different. I'll put it on the multimeter when i get it and check it's real mah. I'll only be running it 30min at the most anyways.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
I ordered a "800" to try it out. It's the same size as the 900, so who knows if it's even different. I'll put it on the multimeter when i get it and check it's real mah. I'll only be running it 30min at the most anyways.
2 out of the 3 that I bought will take over 950mah of charge, so I wouldn't be surprised if your 800 will take more
Old 08-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Lord

I never run mine down that low.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

LOL, and I would never suggest doing it either I've tried to avoid doing it again since.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys im at a loss, I cant seem to find out what type of ballance plug is in the losi 2000mah lipo for the 2.0 buggy, I spent another hour at the lhs looking through al the balance plugs, all i could find were the same ballance plugs that are on the end of the battery itself. I cant seem to find the male end i need to use with my equanox balancer, anyone have any ideas, I dont mind soldering a new end on if i can find one.....
Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

I had a hell of a time with the Losi packs that I own. I ended up soldering a different end on one ( so that ot fits the method balancer. Then I got the brainwave to make an adapter plug that allows me to use any 2 cell LiPo with the Method Balancer. It's a very simple solution to an annoying problem.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mudboger07
Ok guys im at a loss, I cant seem to find out what type of ballance plug is in the losi 2000mah lipo for the 2.0 buggy, I spent another hour at the lhs looking through al the balance plugs, all i could find were the same ballance plugs that are on the end of the battery itself. I cant seem to find the male end i need to use with my equanox balancer, anyone have any ideas, I dont mind soldering a new end on if i can find one.....
It's a thunder power balance connector. I've got a Thunder power to Align balance connector that i don't need, you can have it for a few bucks if you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.