What Clutch Bearings Do You Use?

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • TKO special clutch bearings are amazing. With my driving style, bearings never last long. I just started using the TKO bearings a few weeks ago and I am blown away at the amount of runtime I get on them. It's not even a close comparison to anything I've ran before. We're talking a gallon here as apposed to a race day for me! I'm very happy with them!
  • Quote: TKO special clutch bearings are amazing. With my driving style, bearings never last long. I just started using the TKO bearings a few weeks ago and I am blown away at the amount of runtime I get on them. It's not even a close comparison to anything I've ran before. We're talking a gallon here as apposed to a race day for me! I'm very happy with them!
    That is exactly what I found. I've seen pretty much ANY bearing become a little gritty after about two tanks. I've had my engine out twice and refused to change these TKO clutch bearings till they get gritty at least. I just want to see how long they will go. It's like a science experiment now lol!
  • Quote: That is exactly what I found. I've seen pretty much ANY bearing become a little gritty after about two tanks. I've had my engine out twice and refused to change these TKO clutch bearings till they get gritty at least. I just want to see how long they will go. It's like a science experiment now lol!

mine lasted a good couple gallon's with cleaning and re-lubing....then it failed.

im gonna try the losi HD and see how they go....i got both in my cart to give another shot.
  • Quote: TKO special clutch bearings are amazing. With my driving style, bearings never last long. I just started using the TKO bearings a few weeks ago and I am blown away at the amount of runtime I get on them. It's not even a close comparison to anything I've ran before. We're talking a gallon here as apposed to a race day for me! I'm very happy with them!

I gave you some at the X-games last year, you must have lost them.

Rex
  • I'm interested in these bearings now.

I'm curious, what is everybody running as far as clutchbell endplay? I run about .45-.5mm. I know this has to affect the bearing life to an extent along with mesh, chassis flex, and a ton of other factors...

I'm just curious what everyone is running as far as end play.
  • Quote: I'm interested in these bearings now.

I'm curious, what is everybody running as far as clutchbell endplay? I run about .45-.5mm. I know this has to affect the bearing life to an extent along with mesh, chassis flex, and a ton of other factors...

I'm just curious what everyone is running as far as end play.

I usually end up running about .3-.4 mm in shims. As for endplay I run about .5 mm. Which is the smalest amount of endplay. This usually works well for me. I am running the standard losi 4 shoe setup with a Robinson racing cb.
  • Quote: I usually end up running about .3-.4 mm in shims. As for endplay I run about .5 mm. Which is the smalest amount of endplay. This usually works well for me. I am running the standard losi 4 shoe setup with a Robinson racing cb.

.5 is on the larger side for end play....how can it be the smallest when you can add another shim to make it tighter ? am i missing something ?
  • Quote: Please call me at the shop. 909-256-4064. We have had great life out of our special bearings. Let me see what I can do.

Peter
    I use TKO special bearings with the conical washers. No problems ever with this setup.
  • Try the Advantage Bearings I give some away at the track and people always ask me where to get them. Get one pack of these bearings and you will never buy another kind. I change mine out only because I get scared. I can go a complete big race weekend (friday,Sat,Sun)with no problem with these bearings.
  • Quote: I use TKO special bearings with the conical washers. No problems ever with this setup.
    I run the same thing but had the rear freeze up front was chunky
    one race so can I to call you Petter ?
  • Sure...909-256-4064
  • I run the 4c hobby bearings and have had great luck with them. Jeff is a super guy to deal with fast shipping and support tracks and racing all across the mid south. Couldn't be happier with them. I have heard good things about the tko special bearings also.
  • i run answer rc bearings with great success,check them out answer-rc.com
  • PRO-SPEC Bearings from OnlineRC good bearings with excellent run times!
    onlinerc.com.au
  • i have broken in 10 engines with the same set of these special bearings , relubing every gallon and they are stil smooth

peter , greg williams