R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   8ight-t 1.5 setup? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/313208-8ight-t-1-5-setup.html)

EvilDylan 07-19-2009 04:46 PM

8ight-t 1.5 setup?

I've got an 8ight-t 1.0 that I have bought a 2.0 chassis for and I'm guessing this is what they call a 1.5? Also, what changes are you guys making to your setups that have gone with the 2.0 chassis on the 1.0? I'm curious what people are doing since there's nothing out there. Thanks in advance.

XXXDad 07-19-2009 04:50 PM

Invest in a rear dif, and shaft from the 2.0 it's better built! Use the 1.0 Drake set-up! Get a new body from the 2.0 and go have fun! No need for more unless you upgrade the whole rest of the truck! arms, drive shafts, then rims!

EvilDylan 07-19-2009 04:57 PM

I've got the HD rear diff housing, and the 2.0 driveshaft is on the way, also a 2.0 rear shock tower with body posts and a 2.0 body on the way.

Right now I'm running the 1.0 Truhe setup from the '07 dirt nitro challenge as that track seems to be the most similar to the track I run on. I just wonder if with the longer chassis ride height or droop settings will need to be made to compensate for the longer chassis.

JAMMINKRAZY 07-19-2009 05:18 PM

You will also need the front tower, unless you want to hack the body up. The mounting holes don't lign up. I would suggest 2.0 radio tray and throttle linkage as well.

EvilDylan 07-19-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 6087580)
You will also need the front tower, unless you want to hack the body up. The mounting holes don't lign up. I would suggest 2.0 radio tray and throttle linkage as well.

Thanks for the info, fortunately I bought both the front and rear shock towers. I definitely don't want to hack the body up, I got a trim and mount body from jab graphix, it's the new jconcepts punisher body with a nice wrap around it.

I heard that about the 2.0 radio tray, why is that? PS I'm running an E-converted 1.0 so I don't need the throttle linkage. Hope this is in the right thread, there seems to be a lot more info about the losi truggys in the nitro section.

Also, I would like to point out that by setup I mean ride height, droop, springs, oil weights, camber caster, toe, etc.... I'm glad you told me about the front shock tower though.

I appreciate any input.

losi_racer 07-19-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by EvilDylan (Post 6087874)
Thanks for the info, fortunately I bought both the front and rear shock towers. I definitely don't want to hack the body up, I got a trim and mount body from jab graphix, it's the new jconcepts punisher body with a nice wrap around it.

I heard that about the 2.0 radio tray, why is that? PS I'm running an E-converted 1.0 so I don't need the throttle linkage. Hope this is in the right thread, there seems to be a lot more info about the losi truggys in the nitro section.

Also, I would like to point out that by setup I mean ride height, droop, springs, oil weights, camber caster, toe, etc.... I'm glad you told me about the front shock tower though.

I appreciate any input.

if your not running the brake set up then you dont need the radio tray, because all you have on there is the front part for the receiver and servo right

EvilDylan 07-19-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 6087896)
if your not running the brake set up then you dont need the radio tray, because all you have on there is the front part for the receiver and servo right

Correct.

I am picking up a BCE chassis, and I heard the 1.0 tray needs some sort of bracket. Is that in case you are running the brake setup? Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to losi and there's so much info right now that it's all hard to take in at once.

EvilDylan 07-20-2009 07:31 AM

Anyone else have info, or experience with the 1.0 with 2.0 chassis, and their setups?

jzemaxx 07-20-2009 08:20 AM

Just let your good buddy Nate drive it....he will take you to the winners circle :D. Or

EvilDylan 07-20-2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jzemaxx (Post 6090256)
Just let your good buddy Nate drive it....he will take you to the winners circle :D. Or

yeah maybe he can teach me how to run someone's ass down.

jewn_beef 07-20-2009 02:45 PM

just what you need

the boys that own tekno r/c both run 1.0 stuff with 2.0 chasis so best thing for you to do is copy thier setup which should be posted on thier site they have the electric setup for the 1.5 truggy dialed give them a look or ask them to post it for you

EvilDylan 07-20-2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jewn_beef (Post 6091811)
the boys that own tekno r/c both run 1.0 stuff with 2.0 chasis so best thing for you to do is copy thier setup which should be posted on thier site they have the electric setup for the 1.5 truggy dialed give them a look or ask them to post it for you

Cool, thanks.