Which Buggy ??

Old 07-19-2009, 04:22 PM
  #1  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33
Default Which Buggy ??

Was at the race track today and saw an Ofna LX One. I really liked it.. it didn't have the best driver, but looked pretty stable in the jumps. I have a Truggy now and don't like it... "it's just OK"...

So I saw this LX One and would like to get one. But first I want to hear your thoughts. I took a step back when I heard it was a low end model... not that that is bad mind you.. but I want a fairly reliable car. I am a beginner racer and race for fun.. not to always win !!!!

If it is not a good car then which one do you recommend... I would say I can afford up to around $450.

Thanks Guys... Have A Great Sunday Night !!!

Steve
smeyers2 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
CMB21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I would recommend looking at all the other "which buggy" type threads, as they keep popping up asking the same questions. You will never get a definative answer as everyone has there own preferences.

And your budget of $450? Is that for just a rolling chassis? Or do you need an engine, servo's etc to be purchased with your $450 budget?
CMB21 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 04:37 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
JPierson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indianapolis,In
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

D8
JPierson is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:03 PM
  #4  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33
Default $450 Total

Originally Posted by CMB21 View Post
I would recommend looking at all the other "which buggy" type threads, as they keep popping up asking the same questions. You will never get a definative answer as everyone has there own preferences.

And your budget of $450? Is that for just a rolling chassis? Or do you need an engine, servo's etc to be purchased with your $450 budget?
The $450 is total out of pocket... I don't need a radio as I can get a Spektrum reciever and add a model to my transmitter.

I will check out the other threads.. Thank you...
smeyers2 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
  #5  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
CMB21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hmmm you will definately have to shop around then, as the higher end buggies, AE, losi etc are already over 400 - 450 as a roller, and you need a motor/pipe, and servo's (you wanna buy right with the servo's the 1st time or you will be buying twice).

Good luck with the hunt, RTR might be an option?
CMB21 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:55 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
megasaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lake City, PA
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)
Default

HotBodies D8 are really good buggies and are cheaper than most, but them you'll need good servos and a good motor. Best bet may be to find a good used roller if you budget is that tight. Maybe even with a motor, but hard to tell if you can trust a used motor. You can get good used servos on ebay, that will save you some coin.

From Amain to build a solid buggy with a good motor it would run you:

HotBodies D8 Kit: $339.99
Novarossi N21BF: $144.99
Ace DS1015 Servos: $99.99 X 2
Dynamite 053 pipe: $49.99

Thats 734.95 and you will still need tires depending on your track surface and all the little stuff like fuel, etc. Thats also kind of a cheaper motor, still pretty strong, you can spend more in that area. Pretty much any motorthat cost 200 and up will run good for ya...
megasaxon is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:59 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
bigmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,485
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smeyers2 View Post
Was at the race track today and saw an Ofna LX One. I really liked it.. it didn't have the best driver, but looked pretty stable in the jumps. I have a Truggy now and don't like it... "it's just OK"...

So I saw this LX One and would like to get one. But first I want to hear your thoughts. I took a step back when I heard it was a low end model... not that that is bad mind you.. but I want a fairly reliable car. I am a beginner racer and race for fun.. not to always win !!!!

If it is not a good car then which one do you recommend... I would say I can afford up to around $450.

Thanks Guys... Have A Great Sunday Night !!!

Steve
check nitro house, they have some mid range buggies on sale. hyper seven,9.5 also check ebay might be able to get a hyper8.5 rtr at a good price. If I had to do it all over again I would get a losi rtr 2.0 buggy kit.
bigmatt is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:14 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Here we go again!

Anyway LOSI
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:26 PM
  #9  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
CMB21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Here we go again!

Anyway LOSI
lol yeah, that is why i said have a look at all the other threads.
CMB21 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:30 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
bigmatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,485
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I drive a jammin x-2-not losi. The guy wanted something reasonably priced and durable. I still drive the very first ofna lx pro that came out.
bigmatt is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
JPierson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indianapolis,In
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Here we go again!

Anyway LOSI
To bad you can't read! "$450" and since you can't read I wouldn't trust what you say!
JPierson is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:48 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,660
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I love it. Guy asks "which buggy for 450$" other poster (almost on cue) "hey use the search function there is a gazillion threads about this". OP says sorry will look elsewhere etc. funny thing, like 10 more people reply Priceless.

I can't stand "hey use the search function" on a message board ment to ask questions. especially when the tiltle of the thread states what is in it. Yet someone still has to come in the thread and post "use the search function"
dreaux is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
CMB21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I love it. Guy asks "which buggy for 450$" other poster (almost on cue) "hey use the search function there is a gazillion threads about this". OP says sorry will look elsewhere etc. funny thing, like 10 more people reply Priceless.

I can't stand "hey use the search function" on a message board ment to ask questions. especially when the tiltle of the thread states what is in it. Yet someone still has to come in the thread and post "use the search function"
I did not tell him not to start another thread, i simply made a comment that he should look into the other threads as they may also be useful, instead of waiting for a range of replies. Search function as well as this thread will be more informative than simply relying on this thread alone. I did not see you offer any information that would in any way be useful.

And if you can't stand people saying "use the search function" well you don't have to read the thread.

Anyway good luck with the search for a buggy, let us know what you decide on.
CMB21 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,660
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hey cmb, it's all good. just messen

how is it down under? bet it's much better then here. anyway if i was the OP i would try to come up with a little bit more and get a losi eight rtr. Or rc8 rtr

oh and there is really no such thing as "all i have is 450" fact is, all you have to do is save a little longer. I have been on a conquest to build a perfect buggy. At first all i could afford was the car (mbx6) then radio (m11) Then pipe (086)then got cheap servos and a engine from my buggy that i blew up HA!! since i have replaced with killer servos and engine/pipe.

so really just build your dream car. It took me about 3 months. But it was worth it!!! And i am about to trade out my vspec for a speed yyyaaayyy!!!
dreaux is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 10:00 PM
  #15  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
FactoryRacing23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

I would look into the RC8... You really get what you pay for..... I just bought a used FT RC8 from a local guy here in AZ and I LOVE it. Its my first 1/8th scale buggy but it handles sooo nice and has held up to my crashing and fliping.... And there is very good suport out there from the AE drivers...
FactoryRacing23 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.