Wiki Posts
Search

opinions on JR9100T Servos

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Cool opinions on JR9100T Servos

I have (2) of these servos in my RC8T, and a while back, for some reason, unknown to me my spektrum radio/reciever went into reverse failsafe? In doing so it pulled the throttle linkage out, and returned to neutral position, leaving the carby slide jammed at full throttle, this was occuring every time
during powerup.After this happening a few times, the servo failed. I purchased these servos thru A-main hobbies, and JR state a 3 year warranty
on the package.The servo was sent back to the U.S from Aust. and i recieved a new servo, a month later. A friend gave me a new servo(same brand etc) to see me thru, till my replacement arrived, and about a month later the servo(JR9100T) my friend gave me failed on me during a practice day,this servo had done Approx 12x6minute races.Also all of my endpoints etc are set correctly, and after the failsafe episode, I rebound my radio and re-adjusted my endpoints etc.so now I have sent back the second servo(1 month old) to be replaced again(hopefully) Any feedback/opinions on these servos would be greatly appreciated...Thanx...
Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I used a 9100t all last year for steering duties in my 8 and it worked perfectly. Even when th servo developed a lot of slop and I sen it in fir repair they told me the top bearing was gone due to user error. And they were right I had my servo saver set way to tight. But they still replaced it. I used a 9100s forthe throttle and so far this year n the 2.0 I have had 4 9100s and 2 9100t blow out on the throttle. I even lost a hitec 7965. After careful review I discovered the servo was hitting the side mud guard so a little trim and no more problem. Ohh yea BTW jr replaced the servos each time I sent them back in. The problem you are having I have not encountered and not heard of. I think it's more something to do with the radio than the sevo. Jr makes good stuff but I have to add that the hitec 7955 that I replaced the 9100t with is a far superior servo. Both jr servos have been replaced and sit new in their package in my pit box. I like the hitec servos. Personal preference.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Cool JR9100 servos

Yeah, thanx for your info Frank. I do run a Hitec7955 to steer my RC8 buggy,
which I might add is a great servo, and throttle servo is an early JR 13kg digital(84??) which is probably 3-4 years old, and never had a prob with it..
In response to you thinking the(JR9100T) servo prob that I explained on my RC8T, could be radio related, I have a DX3R, which was purchased from the states, and not long after(within 12months) I was experiencing bind probs,
and not long after Spektrum released an Email stating that certain DX3R radios with certain serial no.s(last 4 digits) had bind probs, and my radio was
1 of the listed no.s, so I had to send it back to the u.s.a, which was done and tested, they also replaced the reciever and re-tested the radio system,
and all was good, so if this continues with the throttle on truggy, I may have to check radio, In saying that, why? am I not having the same probs with
the buggy, as both cars are controlled by the same radio?
Old 07-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I currently use this servo in my 8B with no problems at all.I was using an older JR FM radio and now an Airtronics MX3-FG.I like it.What type of rcvr battery are you running?
I know of two people who have had trouble with fairly new Spectrum radios and rcvr..the rcvr's were would glitch bad and then take a dump.Probably not much help but hope you get it worked out.
P.s.-I would imagine if your system is going into failsafe (which is exactly what my buds were having problems with before the rcvrs took a permanent dump) It might be causing the servo to overload itself??
Old 07-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hitec 7955
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by lowcountrytj
I currently use this servo in my 8B with no problems at all.I was using an older JR FM radio and now an Airtronics MX3-FG.I like it.What type of rcvr battery are you running?
I know of two people who have had trouble with fairly new Spectrum radios and rcvr..the rcvr's were would glitch bad and then take a dump.Probably not much help but hope you get it worked out.
P.s.-I would imagine if your system is going into failsafe (which is exactly what my buds were having problems with before the rcvrs took a permanent dump) It might be causing the servo to overload itself??
Thanx for your input, I am using Protek RC 1600mah batteries in both cars, and as I said in a previous post, my radio/reciever was sent back to usa for
check and they replaced RX and re-tested..Also I havent had bind probs since
and have rebound RX after failsafe prob, and hasnt happened since, but I have screwed another servo, why? I dont know, may have to try another brand?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Isnt the steering servo on the sc8 mounted laying on its side?How much clearance do you have between the servo and the chassis?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by lowcountrytj
Isnt the steering servo on the sc8 mounted laying on its side?How much clearance do you have between the servo and the chassis?
No, I have an RC8T,not the SC8, the prob is with the throttle servo, which is mounted upright, so is the steering servo..Also I have the RC8 buggy(1st edition) which I have no probs with servos on this car..thanx for your input
lowcountrytj......
Old 07-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

never had a single problem with jr. only servos i will every buy (9100s and 9100t) and I personaly have had very bad luck with hitec. but in all fairness every servo company i have ever delt with have been more than helpfull even when they were out of warranty
Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by crotty777
never had a single problem with jr. only servos i will every buy (9100s and 9100t) and I personaly have had very bad luck with hitec. but in all fairness every servo company i have ever delt with have been more than helpfull even when they were out of warranty
Yeah thanx crotty777, got a new one(JR9100T) in throttle now, have to wait till next weekend to see how it goes....
Old 07-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Yep,the throttle.Sorry got a little sidetracked there Granpa.
reason I was askingwas on my Losi 8(1.0) alot of folks had problems with clearance between the chassis and servos..the servos were smacking the chassis on jumps.I put some double sided tape on the bottom of mine.
But all in all I have never had any problems with them and good service from the company.