Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Product Alert: Losi Lipo Regulator. ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:18 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Product Alert: Losi Lipo Regulator. ***

Wanted to give heads up to any and all racers using a Losi Regulator Unit (Switch or NO Switch like mine) and a potential problem from the factory.

I just fitted mine into the box along w/the battery itself (8B 2.0). unit didnt engage. no voltage at the input point. batt had voltage and wires had continuity up to the input. upon closer inspection since the unit wasnt working. i scalloped a portion of the heatshrink off the corners where the input wires came in. And there it was...

...on 1 solder tab of the pcb had print 'IN+' On the reverse the losi sticker had the '+' sign referencing the other side. it was coming in backwards!!!. well i had hoped i had only fried the regulator. 20bux is 20bux, but better than a 75$ Rx (Spek Pro) or xponder, servos etc, or even the new lipo. i reversed the wires on the reg's board and i now had 6v on the output side and Transponder powered up. Its too late to test the rest, pretty wiped out after 4hrs of prep work for bug's 1st race and an 1hr of teardown on 1 of my vintage rc10 projects.

However i wanted to point this out to folks, it could be a big problem b/c the pcb had the '+' on 1 side and losi's sticker had it marked for the opposite side.

RW