R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AE RC8Rs questions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/312541-ae-rc8rs-questions.html)

Moogumby 07-16-2009 01:45 PM

AE RC8Rs questions

Im trying to decide which RTR to get as my first Nitro Car. Im not new to Rc but new to Nitro.

I looked at the losi and it looks very impressive.

The RC8rs looks as impressive but i have a few questions.

it seems to use a different starting system than most 1/8 buggies. Does the chassis allow a starter biox to be used when i change the power plant?

and im sure it will but i want to double check. will the rc8 kit body fit on the rtr? I just dont like rtr paint jobs and want to personalize the body.

also i know its gonna start something but the thread i did find didnt really help much but here goes.

What are your opinions on both cars? I know losi lovers are gonna say losi all the way and AE people will do the same.. im not looking for that.

Moogumby 07-16-2009 04:24 PM

Bump for some replies?

dandrat 07-16-2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Moogumby (Post 6076451)
Im trying to decide which RTR to get as my first Nitro Car. Im not new to Rc but new to Nitro.

I looked at the losi and it looks very impressive.

The RC8rs looks as impressive but i have a few questions.

it seems to use a different starting system than most 1/8 buggies. Does the chassis allow a starter biox to be used when i change the power plant?

and im sure it will but i want to double check. will the rc8 kit body fit on the rtr? I just dont like rtr paint jobs and want to personalize the body.

also i know its gonna start something but the thread i did find didnt really help much but here goes.

What are your opinions on both cars? I know losi lovers are gonna say losi all the way and AE people will do the same.. im not looking for that.

the rc8 can use a starter box with the engine it comes with or anything else you want to put in there. all rtr's use the same bodys as the kits.
Im bored of the losi army so obviously im more a ae man so my opinion my not be completely unbiased. the losi is probably a little easier to drive because the rc8 feels different from most buggies. moreroad race inspired ( if that makes any sense).
you have no / limited experience with 1/8 buggy so it will all feel new to you.
you get more stuff with the losi but it costs more. if you plan on upgrading your gear it may cost you more overall.
for instance, losi ; junk dsm radio, junk starter box. rc8; junk fm radio,roto start( not as good as starter box).
the losi box will not turn over a quality engine, so you may have to upgrade if you get a good engine down the road. so you could end up buying 2 starter boxes. the ae comes with junk, but thats all your paying for.

car wise its like all the good cars, just a matter of opinion as to what is better.