Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Orion alpha .24 engine thread >

Orion alpha .24 engine thread

Orion alpha .24 engine thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Orion alpha .24 engine thread

anyone have this engine yet? If u do what pipe, plug, Runtime and temps are you getting. Iv heard it's a great race engine for truggy and I have heard fuel mileage has been phenominal.

Got this off amain site,


"Team Orion Alpha ABI .24 Competition Truggy engine. The Alpha Line is a straight forward range of engines. ABI engines are ultra competition engines fitted with ceramic bearings, an optimized crankshaft and ABI spec tolerances.

ABI "Hand Made" tuning and selection
ABI tuned crankshaft
ABC 5 Port precision liner
2 needle aluminum/composite racing carburetor
Ceramic high speed ball bearings
Replaceable intake venturi
Ultra lightweight drilled titan cooling head
SG Shaft"
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 AM
  #2  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

...
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 AM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (-1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: warwick,RI
Posts: 97
Default

i have this engine in my truggy and the .21 in my buggy both 8ight 2.0s. i didnt have time to break them both in so i just raced the buggy last weekend and with the tune still on the rich side i was getting over 9 mins of run time with the losi RE10 pipe. i am racing the truggy on sunday i will let you know how it was. i am also running the RE10 pipe on the truggy to
HAWK498 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HAWK498 View Post
i have this engine in my truggy and the .21 in my buggy both 8ight 2.0s. i didnt have time to break them both in so i just raced the buggy last weekend and with the tune still on the rich side i was getting over 9 mins of run time with the losi RE10 pipe. i am racing the truggy on sunday i will let you know how it was. i am also running the RE10 pipe on the truggy to
Awsome! I am gonna get the 24 soon
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 08-09-2009, 08:33 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (114)
 
2fst2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martin, MI
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Just bumping this up for more info on these motors and pipe suggestions.
2fst2c is offline  
Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (114)
 
2fst2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martin, MI
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Nobody running these motor or ?
2fst2c is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Bump


Just got this engine with the Orion 2013, I'm hoping someone can spark this thread up with some experience about the engine!
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (114)
 
2fst2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martin, MI
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Got one in my XT8 and love it. Plenty of power all around. The 2013 pipe is the best pipe for it. Get about 9 minutes on a tank. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on how I drive it. But generally I figure on 8:30 to be safe.
2fst2c is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:10 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
Got one in my XT8 and love it. Plenty of power all around. The 2013 pipe is the best pipe for it. Get about 9 minutes on a tank. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on how I drive it. But generally I figure on 8:30 to be safe.
Nice and how many gallons have u gotten threw it so far? Did u have to go up on the clutch bell or stat stock?
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (114)
 
2fst2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martin, MI
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

The motor has a couple gallons on it now. Probably closer to 3. I run a 15t on my XT8. Not sure if a 16 would fit. I should try it. The motor has enough power to pull a 16. Just not sure there is enough motor adjustment for it.
2fst2c is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
The motor has a couple gallons on it now. Probably closer to 3. I run a 15t on my XT8. Not sure if a 16 would fit. I should try it. The motor has enough power to pull a 16. Just not sure there is enough motor adjustment for it.
What do u mean not enough motor adjustment for it?
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (114)
 
2fst2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Martin, MI
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

I mean the gear mesh might be too tight. With a 15 on it there isn't much room left to move the motor away from the spur gear.
2fst2c is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
  #13  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
I mean the gear mesh might be too tight. With a 15 on it there isn't much room left to move the motor away from the spur gear.
What carb r u using the stock 1?
jeff alessi 801 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (75)
 
sickboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 2,078
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

the xray has a different gear ratio than the 801xt. stick with the 14t jeff, you are going to lose mileage if you go anything bigger.
sickboy is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
  #15  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: victorville ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
the xray has a different gear ratio than the 801xt. stick with the 14t jeff, you are going to lose mileage if you go anything bigger.
Will do then, these new alphas r sick it's gnarly!
jeff alessi 801 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.