Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help making sure that throttle linkages are correct

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help making sure that throttle linkages are correct

Aight. I recently got some help on how to remove my engine mounts to install my new engine. Thanks a lot, my new engine is now installed.

Next up: Throttle linkage.

As you can see on this picture (see attachment) the point where the linkage is installed on the carburetor is a bit high up. On my older engine, (which I replaced my new engine with) where the throttle linkage was installed, it was a bit lower. So, I'm wondering if I need to lower the throttle linkage on my carb for the linkage to work, or is it ok having it as high as it is?
Attached Thumbnails Help making sure that throttle linkages are correct-linkage.jpg  
Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There should be a set screw opposite of the linkage ball you can loosen to position that part anywhere you want it. The linkage should be parallel to the servo horn. And the carb should be in line with the linkage for a smooth straight pull. Since you already have the engine installed, you can loosen the carb pinch bolt to take the carb off, then move the ball part, then put it back on to check the position.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

and dont forget to rest your throttle end points so you dont over extend the carb barrel or not get full throttle.

Great pic BTW it makes answering questions much easier when we can see exactly what is going on
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RacerScott
There should be a set screw opposite of the linkage ball you can loosen to position that part anywhere you want it.
Thanks a lot dude, you were correct. I losened the screw, positioned the linkage and this worked out.

Hey guys, how do I reset all my linkages to a neutral position? The steering linkages so the car will go straight forward, and the throttle linkage so the car will not move at all when idling?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Hi. I have got a small problem. My access to the Low Speed Needle (LSN) is limited, due to a small obstacle which is in the way. Take a look at the attachment picture for closer detail. Is there anything I can do so my screwdriver can access the screw for tuning?
Attached Thumbnails Help making sure that throttle linkages are correct-linkage.jpg  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helgso
Hi. I have got a small problem. My access to the Low Speed Needle (LSN) is limited, due to a small obstacle which is in the way. Take a look at the attachment picture for closer detail. Is there anything I can do so my screwdriver can access the screw for tuning?
yea get a forward only kit AND TAKE THE REVERSE AND HIGH AND LOW OUT...

join www.lstforums.com we can help you alot there
Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helgso

If you have a thin enough screwdriver you could get it
Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Could I get a flathead screwdriver that is like this in shape? Is it called something special? (Attachment picture)
Attached Thumbnails Help making sure that throttle linkages are correct-lscrewdriver.jpg  
Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Wink Solved it!

This is not a problem anymore as all I had to do was to rotate the carb a bit so a screwdriver could make it's way to the Low Speed Needle. I turned the radio on with the carb in that new position and the servo performed well, it didn't struggle pulling the linkage.

Thanks for all the help!