Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinion on this Break In Procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok I will do that, Jeez im glad I joined this site, these break in instructions are vastly different to what I was going to follow which I received from another site.

With the buggy on a stand wont it heat up too much because there will not be any air flow? Would it not be better to put it under some load and take it on a smooth flat surface?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sperera
Ok I will do that, Jeez im glad I joined this site, these break in instructions are vastly different to what I was going to follow which I received from another site.

With the buggy on a stand wont it heat up too much because there will not be any air flow? Would it not be better to put it under some load and take it on a smooth flat surface?
You can do it that, just you'll need to adjust your idle so the wheels don't start to spin at i really high rpm. You also can set it on the ground against something and let it go. Or you can put on the ground and run it around. Everyone doesn't do the breakin the exact same way.

Tyler
Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sperera

Now this is the sticky topic no matter who I talk to about break-in. Me personally, I do not idle nothing, from the first tank, I put my car on the ground and run it, 1/4 throttle, but I always make sre that it reaches 200 degrees.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default hay

what i did was i when on to youtube and type in squirrelod. and whento his breakin videos. this will give you everything you need to no including showing how to do it and what it deos. he will also give you three different methods on how to do it. VERY DETAILED.

vid 1= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAggkhHqEkw
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome, ill jump on youtube tonight and see if I can get any more pointers. I am feeling allot more confident now about breaking in my new buggy, wont have time to start until the weekend though.