Wiki Posts
Search

Help RB WS7

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Help RB WS7

Hey guys. I have this RB ws7 (not l2g..older version standard plug)that is losng pinch and no longer runs consistantly. However the ceramic bearing, rod, case and the head is in good condtion. I looked into a piston and sleeve kit for it and it was expensive and back ordered every where. I head somewhere that a S5 or S3 p&s will work in the ws7. Is that true? Or does anyone know any the nova motor p&s will work also..Thanks.

P.S. Repinching is not an option. I've had it done and had nothing but bad luck no matter who does it.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

I would look at getting a new engine - when you replace the piston and sleeve you should alway replace the conrod also - it may "look" in great shape but breaking in and running puts alot of stress on the rod. Even if another piston fits - the engine will not run the same.

Plus by the time you get a piston and sleeve you about 150 short of a new engine
Old 07-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitronutzzz
Hey guys. I have this RB ws7 (not l2g..older version standard plug)that is losng pinch and no longer runs consistantly. However the ceramic bearing, rod, case and the head is in good condtion. I looked into a piston and sleeve kit for it and it was expensive and back ordered every where. I head somewhere that a S5 or S3 p&s will work in the ws7. Is that true? Or does anyone know any the nova motor p&s will work also..Thanks.

P.S. Repinching is not an option. I've had it done and had nothing but bad luck no matter who does it.
id definately have to agree with token. however if you download parts explosions and it shows them(part#) to be the same(s5&s3)with corresponding case&crank you could try. i never swapped my s7 and s5 internals and dont remember them to be the same.

also the new rb line of engines all are very similar to old rb specs. if your looking at rebuild i would look the new internals parts list over and see what would work
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Seriously have you tried RayA or Rex Welch to do your pinching? I have had both do motors for me and they run like brand new. I always tell them that I want a "light" pinch and everything seems to run fine, never a problem
Old 07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RGraves
Seriously have you tried RayA or Rex Welch to do your pinching? I have had both do motors for me and they run like brand new. I always tell them that I want a "light" pinch and everything seems to run fine, never a problem
seen he said never had luck with it. but those ceramics and the correct resize for about $20 id surely try it. gaurenteed way it sounds 3 gallons for $20. iv figured it up as $50 per gallon when buying new. ceramics make the engine go for so long. it just dont sound like this ws7 is toast. the internals just need correct pinch. with that theres a possible 5 gallons