Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
NEVER A PICCO 28 !! >

NEVER A PICCO 28 !!

NEVER A PICCO 28 !!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEVER A PICCO 28 !!

guys never ever buy this engine. I bought it from rc hop up.

the engine has been broken in text book and only after a gallon , the rear bearing failed.

some bits must have floated into the engine and damaged the piston, con rod, so its now useless.

the distributors in england wont fix it cause i bought from rchop up on ebay and worse the idiots in ofna USAdont want to help me now since i bought from ebay

even though i got from an american site with a receipt.

I GOT CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)

sucks man, i feel your pain!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That sucks to hear, but Fleabay---it's not exactly a distributor. Ya never know what you're going to get there. Better luck next time.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Would you warranty something that was bought second hand NO. Warranty is only given to the 1st buyer they have no idea how the 1st guy treated it. States right on there website they WILL NOT warranty things bought from Ebay. I don't blame them I bet they have gotten scammed alot on this.

As for the Picco 28 never had issue with the 2 I have. Anything can happen to a engine and from any manufacture can have the same issue can you say OS speed
Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You flamed the engine and the manufacture. When the truth is you bought it second hand on ebay. rchop is not an authorized dealer for picco. The real truth is no race engine manufacture offers a warranty. Some will help if there is a problem but most will not. I have had 5 picco's and not a problem with any of them. Thats not to say you didn't get a bad engine cause anythings possible. Just think your flaming the wrong people. I would be more inclined to say that you didn't get the new engine you thought you were getting from the seller on ebay.

There are 3 things in this hobby you never try to cut corners on. Radio's, Engine's and servo's. Look for good deals from reputable authorized sellers and keep your receipt.

All the same it sucks when you don't get what you paid for no matter who its from.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Would you warranty something that was bought second hand NO. Warranty is only given to the 1st buyer they have no idea how the 1st guy treated it. States right on there website they WILL NOT warranty things bought from Ebay. I don't blame them I bet they have gotten scammed alot on this.

As for the Picco 28 never had issue with the 2 I have. Anything can happen to a engine and from any manufacture can have the same issue can you say OS speed
i agree with u, im using picco p3 28 n hav no issue n been running for 2 gallons.
had the same problem wit my os speed vzb spec 2 n it was brand new. it can happen to any engine,sometimes is factory default but nothing we can do cause ther is no warranty. try n buy or order engines from ur local dealer instead.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

I always run picco in my hydroplane and have no problem. In my buggy I race go-engine which is fast and reliable.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its absurd to blame Picco for a problem incurred with a used engine off of e-bay.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Its absurd to blame Picco for a problem incurred with a used engine off of e-bay.
+1
Old 07-10-2009, 05:38 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

wouldnt you be better off to just put a claim in with paypal because you were sold a busted POS instead of a working item
Old 07-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vladconnery
You flamed the engine and the manufacture. When the truth is you bought it second hand on ebay. rchop is not an authorized dealer for picco. The real truth is no race engine manufacture offers a warranty. Some will help if there is a problem but most will not. I have had 5 picco's and not a problem with any of them. Thats not to say you didn't get a bad engine cause anythings possible. Just think your flaming the wrong people. I would be more inclined to say that you didn't get the new engine you thought you were getting from the seller on ebay.

There are 3 things in this hobby you never try to cut corners on. Radio's, Engine's and servo's. Look for good deals from reputable authorized sellers and keep your receipt.

All the same it sucks when you don't get what you paid for no matter who its from.
Yes they do, OS 2 year warranty (does not cover speed), Novarossi, and RB have manufactor warranites

And NEVER buy a used engine especially if you do not know the person
Old 07-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

He never said he bought it used..
Old 07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yeah that's the part I'm missing here - where does he say he bought it used????

Additionnally, remember one doesn't buy FROM ebay, one buys FROM someone (shop or individual) VIA ebay... which is no different from buying from the same someone (shop or individual) VIA internet or VIA the phone or VIA (let's be old school here) sending a postal letter or (shit, let's be crazy!) taking the car and drive all the way to the LHS (isn't that NUTS???? ). Ebay is just a platform that puts buyers and sellers in touch via internet and that uses an auctionning system. Stormer sells via ebay if I ain't mistaken. Atomichobbies does the same. RCBoyz ditto. and the list goes on and on.

If the motor was bought new, in the US, from a US distro approved retailer, whether it was via ebay or via any other mean, I think it's completely unfair that the local importer says they don't want to hear about it.

Of course, if it's sourced from the gray market it's completely different... let alone if it was bought used

Paul
Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
If the motor was bought new, in the US, from a US distro approved retailer, whether it was via ebay or via any other mean, I think it's completely unfair that the local importer says they don't want to hear about it.
I agree completely, if it was new, there is NO reason warranty should be denied. Who cares where it was bought from? Its a brand new Picco product

my only gripe with my picco is that its SO DAMN TIGHT. I am still going through break-in, and even with heating it up, I've stripped four belts.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I buy alot of rc stuff off of ebay and the shops are no different than amain or carolina rc. They are shops just like them. Ebay is just another way for them to get there service out there. If bought new something should be covered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.