Wiki Posts
Search

losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Angry losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr

i bought my losi truggy rtr friday wanting to race the pro series saturday.when i got the truck both rear shocks were broke witch told me this i one great truck. so i charged my reciever pack and my six cells for the starter box and before i cranked the motor up i tested the eletronics the throttle would not open and if i forced to open it would not close. so i took it to the track the next day to see if anyone could fix this cansidering i took it all apart the night before trying to. once the dude fixed it, i started the truck to break it in so i gave it a little gas and what do you know, it stuck. i hate losi has anyone heard about this problem and can anyone talk me through fixing it.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx
i bought my losi truggy rtr friday wanting to race the pro series saturday.when i got the truck both rear shocks were broke witch told me this i one great truck. so i charged my reciever pack and my six cells for the starter box and before i cranked the motor up i tested the eletronics the throttle would not open and if i forced to open it would not close. so i took it to the track the next day to see if anyone could fix this cansidering i took it all apart the night before trying to. once the dude fixed it, i started the truck to break it in so i gave it a little gas and what do you know, it stuck. i hate losi has anyone heard about this problem and can anyone talk me through fixing it.
Im absolutely sure that if you called losi, number out of the manual, within a couple tries(you might not see i to eye with 1st rep?)you would get a rep that would help you as well as get relacement parts for the duds...

1st things 1st. is your reverse on your transmitter forwards or backwards? spectrum has made radios that have had ion batteries that were failing...
Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

the transmitter is correct, if i pop off the linkage and pull the throttle with my hand it wont open, if i get it open i have to take the carb apart to close it. its for sure internal in the carb.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

wow, i see why your furious. aint cool to pull the rtr outta box and shabam its all downhill from there. obviously by looking at your sig your not new to the sport. what do you thinks binding. almost sounds like an oring or somthings out of place inside the carb. before id go tearing it apart id call losi service and let them know straight out of the box there were serious issues. more than likely they will imburse you shipping and send you a whole new set-up.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

i had a surefire .32 on a savage and it did the smae thing. the spring under the dust boot was binding but i already check that so im just at a lost right now. even guys saturday that have been racing 10 or 15 years coudnt figure it out. and honestly this is my first race season. i played with a savage for about a year and wanted to try racing, thanks for the credit though
Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

you just spent good money on a race package and losi would surely credit you your time and a fresh start nib. iv got a handful of engines here next to me but a new engine, nor new shocks shouldnt have these kinds of problems. about a year and a half ago i bought a nib 8t rtr and that thing just rocked for 2 gallons just the way it was out of the box(with stock steering servo on throttle and a good steering servo on the steering)

this just seems to be a great time to build a relations with losi and or horizon. they are always good ad admitting faults and replacing things in ample time
Old 06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

like i said we had it working for about 1 tank and when i was driving dang that thing handled. i was very impressed, also all the screws were tight and torqed. not bad for an rtr. i think i may put my grp.28 on it but that losi motor should run good.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

old thread but I'm still posting to say hey bigblock :P

glad you got your rtr, hope its running alright now.Mines still running great

bring it to milan on the 25th!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

since its pretty much brand new in produstion, there will be flaws they need to work out when they make the second batch. in my opinion, losi shouldnt make a RTR. the motor SUCKS! i know a guy at the track that has a losi 8ight-T 2.0 RTR and the motor blew within 5 runs of it at the track! but right out of the box, his carbourator wouldnt open and i work at the hobby shop so i called ur horizon and they overnighted a carb.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DiaRh34
old thread but I'm still posting to say hey bigblock :P

glad you got your rtr, hope its running alright now.Mines still running great

bring it to milan on the 25th!
I think he ended up calling HH and they sent him new parts, it's a great truggy, but the carb barrel had a bur on it causing it to stick at different times, i know that can get aggravating. Hopefully he ordered the alum shock caps and quick change motor mount... highly recamended.....

Last edited by mudboger07; 07-11-2009 at 07:03 AM.