Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best place in Southern California for 30% Nitro Fuel (4 Gallon-Cases) >

Best place in Southern California for 30% Nitro Fuel (4 Gallon-Cases)

Best place in Southern California for 30% Nitro Fuel (4 Gallon-Cases)

Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Last edited by bphil49; 04-22-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bphil49
I just talked to coldfusion very helpfull. i'm getting a case to try. Thanks guy's
Great to hear, you will not be dissappointed, let us know how it does for ya but the ones that run it already know the answer to that. Now you can make other racers in your area jealous. Good Luck at the races
Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JBURCH
Great to hear, you will not be dissappointed, let us know how it does for ya but the ones that run it already know the answer to that. Now you can make other racers in your area jealous. Good Luck at the races

Originally Posted by bphil49
I just talked to coldfusion very helpfull. i'm getting a case to try. Thanks guy's
Welcome to the Cold Fusion Fuel cult!

Last edited by Gearhead racer; 07-10-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBURCH
Thanks, emailed Vernon and referred him to this thread. Can't wait to try this stuff out.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW great responses
Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

I'm debating between Torco and Cold Fusion. Torco is $50 less per case; I have used a few of their products, namely their camshaft assembly lube and bearing lube on the engines I build for my Honda. Good stuff. They seem to be newer to the RC industry though.

Great article idea: take 5 of the top fuels, all 30%, using an O.S. VZ-B Vspec II as the base engine in an RC8 or 8eight 2.0, and publish the data (fuel efficiency, hp, top speed, etc).
Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Even better idea Armaan...try 2 tankfulls of each and make your decision based upon your vehicles performance.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
Even better idea Armaan...try 2 tankfulls of each and make your decision based upon your vehicles performance.
Dunno about being a better idea, but definitely something I can do; a quart of Cold Fusion, O'Donnell, Torco, Trinity, Losi Nitrotane. Don't have a dyno or speed gun, though, and I want to run the same fuel for the life of the engine.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan
I'm debating between Torco and Cold Fusion. Torco is $50 less per case; I have used a few of their products, namely their camshaft assembly lube and bearing lube on the engines I build for my Honda. Good stuff. They seem to be newer to the RC industry though.

Great article idea: take 5 of the top fuels, all 30%, using an O.S. VZ-B Vspec II as the base engine in an RC8 or 8eight 2.0, and publish the data (fuel efficiency, hp, top speed, etc).
I have the OS Speed II engine and the cold fusion fuel.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have the OS Speed II engine and the cold fusion fuel.
Nice. What's your opinion on Cold Fusion?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dunno about being a better idea, but definitely something I can do; a quart of Cold Fusion, O'Donnell, Torco, Trinity, Losi Nitrotane. Don't have a dyno or speed gun, though, and I want to run the same fuel for the life of the engine.
Speed isn't the most important factor. You want the fuel that's gonna be most consistent with each tank and makes the engine easy to tune under a wide range of conditions. What works for you might not work for another engine.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes, Torco is cheaper but only in price. They have great products for bikes and dragster and now rc fuel. They just started producing rc fuel few months back so it is relatively new for everyone. So far, I have great success with the fuel. A majority of people here in AZ runs Torco. It great for me just having to pickup the fuel locally for cheap.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by az00lude
Yes, Torco is cheaper but only in price. They have great products for bikes and dragster and now rc fuel. They just started producing rc fuel few months back so it is relatively new for everyone. So far, I have great success with the fuel. A majority of people here in AZ runs Torco. It great for me just having to pickup the fuel locally for cheap.
Cool, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Nice. What's your opinion on Cold Fusion?
I posted this back on 7/10/09>>>
Originally Posted by Frank L
Watch out once you try cold fusion fuel you will be addicted and then you gotta have it. I highly reccomend it. 5 gallons so far and perfect reliable consistent results. I like the magic 30% blend.
Cary is my pit guy>>>
Originally Posted by cary
I have to say that Cold Fusion Fuel is all that it's said to be a buddy of mine started up his speed motor and while it was
idling walked off to the drivers meeting or some thing and when
we got back to the pits that thing was still peering away he has
had no flame outs and power to hall the mail I pit for him and have
seen it first hand this fuel is on joke Cold Fusion Fuel what I will be
using from now on
Ad then to add to that I ran on Sat 7/13 with NO FLAMEOUTS, No tuning issues, No bad idle, No problems. My engine even came in hot at the end of the 20 min a-main at 280 and it did not flame. I could tell when I was driving that it was lean, the weather changed too much, but it still gave great power and excellent response. I took 2nd in that main. I am very, very, very pleased with coldfusion fuel. I run the magic 30% blend and thats all I want to put in my engines. Coldfusion has been very good to me. Thanks Ron & Vernon. Ohh yea did I mention NO FLAMEOUTS, come to think of it since I have been running coldfusion fuel exclusively I have not had a single flameout during a qual or race. I will ask Cary to confirm that because he is the one that has to run after my car if it flames, but there have been no flameouts that I can recall. Recently I changed a front bearing in my engine and I tore it all apart. I have about 2.5 -3 gal of coldfusion fuel in this engine (no other fuel has been run in this engine) and the piston and sleeve look untouched. There was the usual stuff on the top of the piston but the internal components were perfect. Next time I tear it apart I will take pictures. As for my opinion I think I have said enough. Try it you will love it, but you are warned you will be addicted. The warning of addiction should be on the bottle somewhere. haha
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

You don't need a dyno or speed gun to determine which fuel you or your engine likes best. Straight out performance will be your deciding factor. Like Frank, I've run nothing but Cold Fusion fuel in my recently purchased Nova +4. All I can tell you is it maintains a nice low temp, it idles smoothly forever, makes GREAT power, and best of all...NO FLAME OUTS so you finish every race. But all that said Armaan, you'll only know if you like it by trying it...we're all sharing our opinions based upon what works best for each of us due to trial and error...in the end you'll have to do the same as no one but you can decide what's best for you. My satisfaction will come later when I can say "told you so!" Good luck!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.