Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
NEVER A PICCO 28 !! >

NEVER A PICCO 28 !!

NEVER A PICCO 28 !!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by spawn_x
who said anything about it being sold a second time?

you DO know there are full blown R/C shops that do business through ebay, right?

99% of the stuff I buy online is brand new and is from ebay stores...
Unbelievable on how dense some poeple are.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Unbelievable on how dense some poeple are.
I'm sorry, did you mean me?

muaythai bummer for you man but politeness will generally get you further, I wouldn't cuss like that man.. I totally feel your pain my man, IMO it is pretty unfair and it would be good of Ofna to cover it but hey that's how it goes

I would seriously talk to the vendor you bought it from...
Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

ok "muaythai" you are out for your profanity, next person that post any profanity will be banned aswell.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Marcos, I had a feeling this thread was going to get ugly right from the get go.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Thanks Marcos, I had a feeling this thread was going to get ugly right from the get go.
you are correct!!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Personally, I wouldn't offer any sort of warranty on any racing engine.

Why?

Because the customer demands performance over all else and to get that performance you have to push it to the limits. I could design a motor that would be inexpensive, last for 20 gallons and have a great warranty but guess what, NO ONE would BUY it. Why? Because it would be super slow and weigh a ton.

I have a $700 Nova onroad engine that only lasted about a gallon before the exhaust port side of the piston was so worn it lost compression and won't hold a tune anymore. There is no one that is going to fix that one for free. I still run Nova motors though, because they are the best.

The best you can hope for is a deal like Ron Paris used to offer on his motors. If I remember right, he didn't warranty anything but if you had a problem with it, he would fix it for the cost of the parts.
Their aren't many guys like Ron Paris, Gene Hustings,Pops Losi, Ernie Provetti and Bob Novak left.You can't look someone in the eye and shake thier hand on Ebay. Buyer beware.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I understand there are few shops that sell stuff on ebay ok. But there another why they sell stuff like this it's called "as is" no warranty so that they don't have to deal with issues. That you really don't have a reciept showing proof you bought it. I've been there and done that lesson learn buy from the Hobby store direct or direct from there website like Nitrohouse.

Stuff sold on Ebay has always been consider 2nd,3rd,4th,5th etc hand.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I understand there are few shops that sell stuff on ebay ok. But there another why they sell stuff like this it's called "as is" no warranty so that they don't have to deal with issues. That you really don't have a reciept showing proof you bought it. I've been there and done that lesson learn buy from the Hobby store direct or direct from there website like Nitrohouse.

Stuff sold on Ebay has always been consider 2nd,3rd,4th,5th etc hand.
Sorry man but you are way way off.

The only times I've seen "As Is" is on USED items, which makes sense. I have never seen an ebay store sell a new factory sealed item "As Is". I buy things all day on ebay with full warranty and money-back from the seller toad's toyz, the toys, atomic, hopmeup, etc. Hell dude I even buy Lipo batteries from Hong Kong and they offer warranty! Just sent one of them back for a replacement...

Did you know Nitrohouse sells on ebay?
So if I buy a new factory-sealed buggy from one of nitrohouse's auction, I am buying it 2nd hand?? Even though it is factory sealed?

Sorry man, ebay has changed from what it was 8 years ago. It is no longer a place where people sell their used stuff. To say that buying on ebay is buying second hand is silly. All my stuff is factory sealed, with warranty.

Ebay is just the new way to reach a customer. If I want something, I don't go to google and search for stores that sell it, I hit up ebay and see what stores sell on there.

Things change and evolve, so has the internet, ebay, and buying online. Evolve with it, or be left behind

p.s. I must say to Ofna, why not provide warranty for new items bought on ebay? My picco .28 was 199 from the local hobby shop, it is the same 199 from ebay, so it is not being sold at some below MAP price.. I've personally never seen no rebranded engines, but even if that's the case, so what? Customer sends a motor, you open it up and see its a chinese rebranded copy, send it back and tell them Sorry its not really an Ofna product.. just saying....
Old 07-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by spawn_x
Sorry man but you are way way off.

The only times I've seen "As Is" is on USED items, which makes sense. I have never seen an ebay store sell a new factory sealed item "As Is". I buy things all day on ebay with full warranty and money-back from the seller toad's toyz, the toys, atomic, hopmeup, etc. Hell dude I even buy Lipo batteries from Hong Kong and they offer warranty! Just sent one of them back for a replacement...

Did you know Nitrohouse sells on ebay?
So if I buy a new factory-sealed buggy from one of nitrohouse's auction, I am buying it 2nd hand?? Even though it is factory sealed?

Sorry man, ebay has changed from what it was 8 years ago. It is no longer a place where people sell their used stuff. To say that buying on ebay is buying second hand is silly. All my stuff is factory sealed, with warranty.

Ebay is just the new way to reach a customer. If I want something, I don't go to google and search for stores that sell it, I hit up ebay and see what stores sell on there.

Things change and evolve, so has the internet, ebay, and buying online. Evolve with it, or be left behind

p.s. I must say to Ofna, why not provide warranty for new items bought on ebay? My picco .28 was 199 from the local hobby shop, it is the same 199 from ebay, so it is not being sold at some below MAP price.. I've personally never seen no rebranded engines, but even if that's the case, so what? Customer sends a motor, you open it up and see its a chinese rebranded copy, send it back and tell them Sorry its not really an Ofna product.. just saying....
Ok believe what you want to believe theres a sucker out there everyday. That topic starter is just another proof of it..

WHERE did I say Nitrohouse sells on Ebay????????????????????????? THERE website goofball WWW.NITROHOUSE.COM how did you get Ebay out of that?????????
Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok believe what you want to believe theres a sucker out there everyday. That topic starter is just another proof of it..
Sucker? Dude, I am telling you facts. I could, but won't, post at least 20 ebay *stores* that sell brand new items with full money back and warranty. This is what ebay has become. Half the time I try to find something, I don't even see auctions anymore, just ebay stores.

WHERE did I say Nitrohouse sells on Ebay????????????????????????? THERE website goofball WWW.NITROHOUSE.COM how did you get Ebay out of that?????????
Good job

I never said that YOU said nitrohouse sells on ebay

I am telling YOU that NITROHOUSE sells on ebay so your whole point of buying from ebay being second hand goes out the window because you are buying from the vendor/store, not ebay

Anyway, you get my point, anything else said on the matter will be pointless
Old 07-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/NitroHou...1QQ_fsubZQ2d33
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Bottom lines and lessons that should be learned from this discussion.

1. Picco's are good engines.
2. You can get a bad engine no matter what brand. remember O.S. cracked cases and how they told everyone to fly a kite.
3. Few (actually none) manufactures warranty RACE engines.
4. If you call customer service getting upset and cursing or just being a general a$$ gets you no where faster than a O.S. speed.
5. used means anytime you buy a product from someone other than an authorized dealer.
6. Cursing and being a general a$$ on forum. gets you deleted faster than a you guessed it an O.S. speed.
7. Just because we disagree with your take on the engine. Does not mean were not sorry you got a bad engine. Or flat out duped on ebay.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

I have to agree with the OP here. He bought a brand new engine that appeared to be defective, and he has every right to badmouth OFNA for not replacing it. Lets say you bought a brand new Ipod from a reputable electronics store dealing on ebay, and the Ipod was defective and would not even turn on let alone play music. Lets also say that no one would replace your ipod, and when you talked about it on the ipod forum half the posters told you "you deserved it" for buying it on ebay or "shut up and stop bitching, shit happens". I can tell you right now I would not be feelin too hot.

I realize we're not talking about Ipods, but this guy deserves his money back. He was sold a bad product, that's not his fault and it shouldn't come out of his pocket.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Personally, I wouldn't offer any sort of warranty on any racing engine.

Why?

Because the customer demands performance over all else and to get that performance you have to push it to the limits. I could design a motor that would be inexpensive, last for 20 gallons and have a great warranty but guess what, NO ONE would BUY it. Why? Because it would be super slow and weigh a ton.

I have a $700 Nova onroad engine that only lasted about a gallon before the exhaust port side of the piston was so worn it lost compression and won't hold a tune anymore. There is no one that is going to fix that one for free. I still run Nova motors though, because they are the best.

The best you can hope for is a deal like Ron Paris used to offer on his motors. If I remember right, he didn't warranty anything but if you had a problem with it, he would fix it for the cost of the parts.
i am trying very hard to offer the same kind of services and tech. knowledge that ron did .

i spent alot of time , my own money and frustrations with learning what makes nitro engines tick and tick properly .

with the backing of fusion/novarossiusa i feel i can do alot with servicing novarossi products and trying to get you the consumer equipped with the knowledge on how to approach warranty situations and how to receive one

happy motorin',
monty
Old 07-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
I have to agree with the OP here. He bought a brand new engine that appeared to be defective, and he has every right to badmouth OFNA for not replacing it. Lets say you bought a brand new Ipod from a reputable electronics store dealing on ebay, and the Ipod was defective and would not even turn on let alone play music. Lets also say that no one would replace your ipod, and when you talked about it on the ipod forum half the posters told you "you deserved it" for buying it on ebay or "shut up and stop bitching, shit happens". I can tell you right now I would not be feelin too hot.

I realize we're not talking about Ipods, but this guy deserves his money back. He was sold a bad product, that's not his fault and it shouldn't come out of his pocket.
An iPod is not a race engine. Plus, the engine ran fine for about a gallon. How would OFNA or anyone else know if this guy had a proper air filter on it or not? What if he was running bad fuel, then put it in a damp basement for two months with no after run? What if he was running this thing lean and hot? I am not saying this guy did any of that, how would I know but that is my point. How do you warranty something when 90% of all failures are caused by improper use? Yeah it sucks for the 10% with a legitimate problem but what can you do?

There are no warranties on NASCAR, IRL or F1 engines either to my knowledge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.