Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jato 3.3 help~!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Jato 3.3 help~!

Hi guys, im really concerned about this vehicle.

especially of how much id need to care bout it.

the air filter, mainly.

yes u can tell im new. and id enjoy the help, please.

ive done alot of revo 3.3 research, and was wondering, which one is easier to take care of? coming from the air filter.. im not into cleaning a car, unless its mandatory.

ive heard that the "blue wire" suck, on the revo 3.3.

do all cars have blue wires? please help me.! Thank you!!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcRacer12
Hi guys, im really concerned about this vehicle.

especially of how much id need to care bout it.

the air filter, mainly.

yes u can tell im new. and id enjoy the help, please.

ive done alot of revo 3.3 research, and was wondering, which one is easier to take care of? coming from the air filter.. im not into cleaning a car, unless its mandatory.

ive heard that the "blue wire" suck, on the revo 3.3.

do all cars have blue wires? please help me.! Thank you!!!!!
If your not into taking care of your cars then this hobby is not really for you. All cars need maintenance, especially nitro vehicles. I bet you'll be one of those people who come on here bitching how their car falls apart for no apparent reason, when it's really your fault that you didn't take care of it.

Cleaning your air-filter is important since that's the main thing keeping dirt out of your engine. Like the announcer at the local track said, "how'd you like to breath with a mouth full of dirt.".

The blue wire that you're mentioning is used to heat up the glow plug yo start the engine. When I had a jato the wire was a PITA to put in, so I used a regular glow starter.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks.. alot
Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You can easily take the blue wire out and just use a glow starter. In fact it will make the battery in the easy start wand last longer too. Only problem is that you'd need to carry around 2 wands then. It's all personal preference. I liked the glow starter more myself. Except for the Revo platinum edition, all traxxas nitro cars have the blue wire.

In terms of taking care of the car, cleaning the airfilter is one of the most important things to do. I have a couple of pre oiled spare filters that I carry around in a zip loc bag in my toolbox. When my filter gets dirty, I just change it. Then when I get home, I wash the dirty ones, and oil them up again.

Nitro cars do require quite a bit more maintenance than the average electric. If they're not maintained properly, they don't last long.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Follow the instructions in the video about how and when to car for your air filter.(every hour of run time) If you do not, your engine will be useless very quickly and you will be paying $120 for an engine swap
Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, i understand.

One more thing: is it really necesary to always like take out those couple of parts the traxxas man tells u to take off if ur not guna drive it for an hour? Shuld i really take them off? or can i pass? ty
Old 07-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Lord

The advice they give you is actually to help you, you may ignore it all, but you will suffer for it
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks jaz. i just found the dcd online. watched it =D! doesent seem as hard as i tohught. but do i really need to like take of those couple of parts when im not guna use it for more then an hour? or can that slide? just asing for ur opinions
Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

If my Traxxas memory serves me correctly..you remove the parts to prevent slop and bowing of the plastic..that will make your car more durable and make it drive more consistently over the long term..you will find out quickly, if you decide to be lazy in this hobby, it will get very frustrating and very expensive, but its your car and your money so you may do as you wish
Old 07-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

ya man. i got it. probobly am guna watch that dvd like 2 more times.

yo jaz, how did u like ur 4 tec? Would u have traded the jato for it if u saw what was coming?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Lord

I sold all my Traxxas stuff 6 years ago, after I first took one to a track
Old 07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I sold all my Traxxas stuff 6 years ago, after I first took one to a track

Lmao! howd u like the jato? was it hard to maintain??
Old 07-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Years ago my buddy bought a jato, I got the GT2. He worked on his while I ran the track
Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RcRacer12
Lmao! howd u like the jato? was it hard to maintain??

I bought the Jato because I thought I could have a 70MPH track worthy truck, that was not the case. It could not even get up the hills for the jumps. I owned it for 2 weeks, and sold it for $150 less then I bought it for..I found it to be a big waste of time and money, because going up and down the street really fast was what I was getting away from. I bought an 8 scale buggy after that, and have not run anything else since then.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I bought the Jato because I thought I could have a 70MPH track worthy truck, that was not the case. It could not even get up the hills for the jumps. I owned it for 2 weeks, and sold it for $150 less then I bought it for..I found it to be a big waste of time and money, because going up and down the street really fast was what I was getting away from. I bought an 8 scale buggy after that, and have not run anything else since then.
lol thnx for the advice to buyin a jato XD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.