Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
racing and fuel milege aside. What is the most powerfull engine you can put in a >

racing and fuel milege aside. What is the most powerfull engine you can put in a

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

racing and fuel milege aside. What is the most powerfull engine you can put in a

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

To answer the question, out of your list O.S. .28.
Hang on
Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
A modded P3 Picco pulled over 2.5Hp on a Xdyno..,..it IS THE most powerful .28 out there...PERIOD.
If you're talking about Adam's drag modded P3, I believe it only (lol) made ~2.3hp. It was his modded OS .28 that made over 2.5hp.

Modded P3 (photo courtesy of Adam @ abmods):

I saw another post from him which mentioned a 2.39hp pull, but couldn't find a graph.

The O.S. .28 graph is toward the bottom of this page:

http://www.abmods.com/Dynosheets.html

-Howard
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

no he's talking about a modding company called clockwork...they put out some serious stuff...but is kinda kept quiet here in the states
Old 07-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Maximo at Clockwork is the KING of picco's.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

A clockwork picco is super retarded ridicules fast

If you want to run your motor out of the box though the O.S. .28 should be enough.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reggie l.
no he's talking about a modding company called clockwork...they put out some serious stuff...but is kinda kept quiet here in the states
I know Maximo/supertib knows his piccos, but I have a hard time believing he made that much more hp than Adam. They're friends and share a lot of info, not to mention, I believe it's Adam who's dynoed most of his engines. The particular dyno I posted was a P3 .28 that Maximo (clockwork) modded, sent to Adam, and Adam modded it further to get more hp. Granted, that was a couple years ago, so he's most likely learned a thing or two since then!

If tib did make 2.5hp, can someone kindly point me to the post? I'd like to see that!

-Howard
Old 07-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I would so love to see a video of Dreaux's MBX 6 with the stock OS.28 or the Jammin .28 or the modded whatever, and he guns the throttle and we can see his diffs explode out of the car, and the CVD's bent and snap and send pieces of shrapnel at the camera..It can be a what not to do video...he could put a little warning "Don't try this at Home"
Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default motor

The big motors are not faster, just get a good .21. I have never seen a car faster than Bobby Tillmans MBX-6 with a Ninja JX 21 BO1A at Nitro Challenge. If you want torque get a 28 if you want to go fast get a 21.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

I have never seen anything more powerful straight out of the box than an OS .28.

I had then seen one which had been modified to the max and this thing limited to only 1/4 throttle that would pull wheelstands on grass and be quicker than a std .21 v-spec.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pur3evil
I know Maximo/supertib knows his piccos, but I have a hard time believing he made that much more hp than Adam. They're friends and share a lot of info, not to mention, I believe it's Adam who's dynoed most of his engines. The particular dyno I posted was a P3 .28 that Maximo (clockwork) modded, sent to Adam, and Adam modded it further to get more hp. Granted, that was a couple years ago, so he's most likely learned a thing or two since then!

If tib did make 2.5hp, can someone kindly point me to the post? I'd like to see that!

-Howard
i would choose clockwork over adam any day...just because ive heard good and bad things about adam but every one that has had a clockwork mod had come back with a huge smile and "praise" lol
Old 07-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

The most popular of the bunch would be the OS .28 that is on that list - OS has literelly out sold all other .28 in 2009. Thats a fact!

But sh!it for giggles - the craziest engine I have ever had or seen was the
RB 928 things a monster

Plus all these super modded engines do not sense and are not practical in any way. When a $300-400 engine causes more damage to a $600 Roller, IMO thats just stupid
Old 07-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
The most popular of the bunch would be the OS .28 that is on that list - OS has literelly out sold all other .28 in 2009. Thats a fact!

But sh!it for giggles - the craziest engine I have ever had or seen was the
RB 928 things a monster
os 28 is plain and simple..just "amazing",he said he wants it for a buggy..theres no way i would put a os 28 in a buggy thats just killer

928 is a power house but can be a beeech to tune
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for all the props guys..... IMO there are many good modders these days, each of us has our own style and goals with our engines, as well as our own different testing procedures..... in a perfect world I would tell people to try an engine from several different modders and compare the results for yourself... I wont say my engines are any better then any of my competitors, but I would definitely love for people to give one of my engines a chance one day as I know they definitely wouldn't be disappointed by any means with my work or the performance of my engines...

Honestly if your looking for the fastest engine in a buggy I would definitely go towards a modified .21, if your looking for the most powerful I would look towards a modified 28... modded .21's just rev much harder then the modded 28's do and in a light chassis like a Buggy the .21 is going to be a faster engine, the .28 will dig trenches the blow the tires off more violently, but it will not be able to match the RPM and ground speed of the 21......

IMO the nastiest of the modified .21's is a Picco P7R based engine, like the Jammin JPX 21, EVO 2,EVO 3... these engines have bottom end torque like no other .21 today and when modified they can have an absolutely insane top end without losing any of the bottom end... from bottom to top these modded .21's are flat out nasty...at many of the tracks my Picco 21's race at they are often confused with being modified .28's, and when told it is only a .21 most people are very surpirsed that a .21 is capable of making that kind of power....... I have seen some other modded .21's equal the modded Picco's on top end, but nothing so far matches the punch the Picco delivers, in fact i haven't even found anything even remotely close......I own and have tested all types of .21's and to this day the Picco is still my pick for .21...... These engines are nasty in a truggy, easily blasting by any of the current stock .28's, and in a buggy they are just violently spectacular !

here is a video of one of my JPX engines running in a truggy.... to give you an idea of the kind of low end these engines have, during this video the clutch had a broken spring and was hanging up, yet even still the engine idles well and still pulls hard off the line...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjj6Oh4cn4
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Your motors are insane Neil. I saw one in person at The Nitro Pit during the Dirt Challenge and it was just ballistic.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Maximo-

Between your modded JPX .21 and your modded Ninja MR .28,which one do you think has the higher top end and more power.I saw your vids on both and they both are promising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.