Wiki Posts
Search

Picco .26 Max JL red dot

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Picco .26 Max JL red dot

Is this a direct drop in for the Traxxas Slayer or do i need anything else?

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=OFN51225

just trying to weigh some options, im having some issues with my 3.3 holding a tune. keep hearing that these guys are really solid as far as holding tunes.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats a lot of motor for a slayer..Have you looked into getting a OS .18 tm or .21 tm....Those IMO will hold a good tune and be easier to tune over the picco

With my experience with picco I have found some to be finicky or or real sensitive to tuning but when tuned properly they scream
Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

i hate to say it but the almost $150 price gap between the 2 of those (the .26 picco and the .21tm) has me leaning toward the .26 anyways, is there that much of a quality difference there? why is the bigger motor so much cheaper?

im open to all options here to be honest, just looking for ideas if i do decide to pull the TRX3.3
Old 07-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman
i hate to say it but the almost $150 price gap between the 2 of those (the .26 picco and the .21tm) has me leaning toward the .26 anyways, is there that much of a quality difference there? why is the bigger motor so much cheaper?

im open to all options here to be honest, just looking for ideas if i do decide to pull the TRX3.3
you will need the ofna engine mount made for the revo/slayer to put that in it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKHF4&P=FR
Old 07-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Monteman

The os .18tm is only 150 bones and would be better and more reliable for your Slayer.The .26 would make it undriveable as far as racing on a track.It would be awesome though if you mostly run on asphalt and just bash around.It would be the fastest thing on the block.Your driveshafts would have to be replaced pretty often.If any racing is in your future go with the .18.If not go with the "hemi".
Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

im just bashing it, how is the Os18tm for power compared to the 3.3 ? Im not looking to make up a bunch of speed im just wanting to find a motor that can hld a tune.