Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tmaxx 3.3 carb keeps sticking >

Tmaxx 3.3 carb keeps sticking

Tmaxx 3.3 carb keeps sticking

Old 11-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tmaxx 3.3 carb keeps sticking

Finally got my Tmaxx to a point of running. I replaced the engine casing yesterday because I overtightened a headbolt and stripped it. The bearings seemed bad anyway.

Engine has great compression, basically like new, however the brand new carb seems to stick. The throttle will open right up, then get stuck in certain spots on closing. What could be the prob? Might I need to roate the carb a little or something? I tried playing with the spring that connect to the throttle arm, and that helps sometimes, but the force basically stops me opening it fully.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also, I had it running some time ago, and at about 5kph I knocked the left wheel on a wall, and the suspension arm snapped. I took a look, and whoever owned it before me had actually managed to snap the pins that connect the suspension arms. As to how he did it, I got no idea. That's fixed up though
Old 11-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I rotated the carb slightly and it seems to be fine. If it happens agian I'll report back.