Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERVOS???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? SERVOS???????

Building a Mugen mxb-6 , there is many servos out there Hitec, Ace, Futaba, Spektrum and the list goes on. So does anyone have any insight to how to determin what is the right servo would be for throttle/brake and the sterring.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There has been so many threads on this subject its not even funny. Pick one with high torque 200 plus for steering, and 100 plus for throttle and you should be fine. This will be another manufacturer war. Any one of the names you mentioned will work fine. It comes down to budget and personal preference. Choose what suits you not someone else.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

throttle servo thread

steering servo thread

I have asked questions in both these threads and it helped me choose my servo's. basically roadracer gave you a good guide to follow. 200 + torque for steering, and i would say 150 + for throttle to be safe. You can also try and go with something a little faster for the steering, say around the 0.10 to 0.12 mark.

Anyway those 2 threads will point you to all the info you need. (also try searching "servo" or "steering servo" in the nitro thread, you will find lots of useful threads).

Hopefully we dont need to have another manufacturer war here
Good Luck.