Traxxas Slayer

Old 06-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Slayer

As you all can tell by my name I am new to RCing. I was looking to buy a Traxxas Slayer. Does anyone have any opinions about the Slayer?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by New RCer
As you all can tell by my name I am new to RCing. I was looking to buy a Traxxas Slayer. Does anyone have any opinions about the Slayer?
handles like crap out of the box but you can easily make these things handle beautify. The truck is crazy fast with the 3.3 in it. I love mine and am planning to but a big block in it.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

the slayer is a fun truck to drive but its more of a finess truck then say a stadium truck or MT.
With some work and some parts it will drive very well just don't plan on taking corners fast or making sharp turns unless your on a surface where its easy to break the rear end free and power slide.
so places like baseball dimonds and dirt pits and interestingly enough playground wood chip sandlots are fun but asphalt and grass can and will be frustrating.

All in all its a fun truck but for a beginner it can be quite a handfull.
i would recommend getting a stadium truck like the rustler and the likes they will be cheaper easier to work on and drive and will be easier to learn to drive with.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I am new to RCing, I own the Jato 3.3. I've had it for a couple of months. I was just tired of changing the tires everytime I went to the bmx track to run in the dirt. I guess I could have phrased my question a bit better.