R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Which is more durable: Associated RC8 or Losi 8IGHT 2.0? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/307618-more-durable-associated-rc8-losi-8ight-2-0-a.html)

Armaan 06-26-2009 07:10 PM

Which is more durable: Associated RC8 or Losi 8IGHT 2.0?

I'm not racing, just bashing (on a track me and 4 buddies built in my backyard). We have XXX-NT's and RC10GT's and are now in the market for something better. We're competitive, but only for bragging rights.

NITRORULES 06-26-2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Armaan (Post 5990546)
I'm not racing, just bashing (on a track me and 4 buddies built in my backyard). We have XXX-NT's and RC10GT's and are now in the market for something better. We're competitive, but only for bragging rights.

i would say losi, the 8ight 1.0 was my 1st nitro buggy and put it through hell while i was learning and i did not break a thing besides normal stuff that wares out,it still runs like a beast today with all the original A arms,diffs,shocks etc,i have the 8T 2.0 and so far it's just as bullet proof, and my friends that have the rc8 wish they got the 2.0.

butch man 06-26-2009 09:25 PM

I'm not real big on losi right now but it will be less trouble than the ae car.I had both & am considering another losi for a play car but nothing could make me own another rc8,free or not. ae had lots of great ideas,some I think should be on every car, just poorly executed IMO.

Frank L 06-26-2009 10:45 PM

The Losi is defiantly more durable no question.

Armaan 06-27-2009 02:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

UltegraSTI 06-27-2009 03:19 AM

had opportunity to have both here, tear them down and rebuild them. i must say while in 1/10 i prefer a b4. in the bigger scale-losi got it right.

R

Davidka 06-27-2009 08:11 AM

Losi's plastics are usually better, TTR/AE's drive train parts will probably last longer though.

CMB21 06-27-2009 01:28 PM

i am guessing you are comparing the original rc8, what about the RC8-B?

butch man 06-27-2009 03:27 PM

Not a lot of the new ae buggy at tracks yet. From the very little I have read about it, its not a large change over biggest being shocks & that may fix a lot if its problems durability & handling wise & towers,but those I never had a problem with durability but if they changed the angles they may haved helped handling & comes with alum top plate now & that will help durability,but every one had already bought that option part.I dont think they changed the mixture of plastics or those little pin pucks they use.

devilchrist 06-27-2009 04:37 PM

neither.. get a OD buggy... haha.. j/k.

i think any of the currently out buggies are great choice. just pick your style.

fast11970 06-27-2009 09:46 PM

SH Man They are VERY Durable, And Race ready. No joke.

cary 06-28-2009 08:37 AM

all I can say is that my old rc8 had some issues my new rc8b
has three races on it and is holding up great the new car is
not like the old rc8 I almost got a losi but I'm a AE fan and got
the rc8b so far so good I'm liking it no broken or bent parts
so far

Armaan 06-28-2009 02:56 PM

What parts did you break? To my knowledge, the RC8B has big bore shocks and a few other pieces, but nothing different in terms of materials. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

bushyar15 06-28-2009 03:05 PM

While I've not owned the Losi 2.0, ANYTHING has to be better than the original RC8...

I absolutely feel it is the BEST handling buggy for me, BUT in the two years I've owned it, I NEVER finished a main. Even with the "service pack it was fragile. By the time I put every KH part on it to make it durable, I gave up on it...

Even now at the local track, only 1 or 2 guys is running it other than the sponsored guys...

Armaan 06-28-2009 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by bushyar15 (Post 5996292)
While I've not owned the Losi 2.0, ANYTHING has to be better than the original RC8...

I absolutely feel it is the BEST handling buggy for me, BUT in the two years I've owned it, I NEVER finished a main. Even with the "service pack it was fragile. By the time I put every KH part on it to make it durable, I gave up on it...

Even now at the local track, only 1 or 2 guys is running it other than the sponsored guys...

Holy crap, that's terrible. So what parts were prone to breaking? I'm leaning towards the RC8 because there's a used one for sale. There don't seem to be too many Losi 8ight 2.0's for sale though. Interesting.