8ight

Old 06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
  #1  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chesapeake, OH
Posts: 31
Default 8ight

My mach 427 engine seems to be worn out. I am looking for a good engine to learn the basics of racing. I go out to our local track and play trying to get control and jumping down ( so I dont take out someones car, I hear they get upset about that) So basically I was wondering if I should go back with the Mach 427 or try something different. I dont want to get more than I can handle just want to be able to make the jumps. thanks for any advice you can give
rage326 is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

you should get a jammin .21 they are inexpensive easy tuning and they are fast motor learn how to drive good motor in your car this is good inexpensive way to start also could go with either novarossi 2000 bf limited but the jammin is better imo
jewn_beef is offline  
Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 PM
  #3  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rage326 View Post
My mach 427 engine seems to be worn out. I am looking for a good engine to learn the basics of racing. I go out to our local track and play trying to get control and jumping down ( so I dont take out someones car, I hear they get upset about that) So basically I was wondering if I should go back with the Mach 427 or try something different. I dont want to get more than I can handle just want to be able to make the jumps. thanks for any advice you can give
Definately go with something else! The 427 is really NOT a buggy engine by any means. It really isn't legal for buggy racing.

As for what to go with, that kinda depends on your budget. If you are looking for a budget engine, go with the novarossi n21b limited edition. If you can spend around $300, look towards an OS v-spec, mugen JX ninja or novarossi plus 4.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...?idproduct=727
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=3240
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=11957
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=11963
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:17 PM
  #4  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chesapeake, OH
Posts: 31
Default

DYN0897 Dynamite Mach 2 .21 SG
how would that engine do in a buggy? and would i have to buy any different mounts? I am new to this and dont want to buy something I cant use.
rage326 is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:20 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,771
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rage326 View Post
DYN0897 Dynamite Mach 2 .21 SG
how would that engine do in a buggy? and would i have to buy any different mounts? I am new to this and dont want to buy something I cant use.
ALL .21 engines use the same mounts. You need to buy the kit or quick change mounts and get a starter box for the engines to start. For the price of the Dynamite, I would go for the Novarossi N21BF.
Chris__RC is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
  #6  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chesapeake, OH
Posts: 31
Default

ok thanks, looks like the engine and pipe are on back order so i'll sit and wait for them to come in to carolinas rc . btw thanks for being patient and helping me guys
rage326 is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:52 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
jrwoodchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northampton, Massachusettes
Posts: 1,336
Default

Originally Posted by rage326 View Post
ok thanks, looks like the engine and pipe are on back order so i'll sit and wait for them to come in to carolinas rc . btw thanks for being patient and helping me guys
A-main has the motor in stock, but i don't know what pipe you were going for.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Standard-Plug
jrwoodchuck is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 05:50 PM
  #8  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

i would get the nova .21 bf also it has pretly of power and its quick.the dynamite .21 is way to fast for a beginner like me also.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
  #9  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chesapeake, OH
Posts: 31
Default

ok with the engine in stock at amain and the ofna pipe instock at tower what mounts and starter box are good for beginners. Sorry I got used to the traxxas ez start and pullstart never used a starter box.
rage326 is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rage326 View Post
ok with the engine in stock at amain and the ofna pipe instock at tower what mounts and starter box are good for beginners. Sorry I got used to the traxxas ez start and pullstart never used a starter box.
YGPM
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
  #11  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chesapeake, OH
Posts: 31
Default

yea seen that right after I posted this. Thanks
rage326 is offline  
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM
  #12  
Tech Addict
 
losiracer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring , TX
Posts: 513
Default

+1 for the novarossi 2000 bf limited great little motor and look for a eb mods pipe for the os motor great combo i have two of each and love them both i also run the mugen Ninja as well very fast motor but for the money you cant go wrong with the novarossi 2000 bf limited . I have 7 gals though it and still running strong
losiracer78 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.