Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
The "LST2"..... >

The "LST2".....

The "LST2".....

Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default The "LST2".....

I just picked up an lst2 and was wondering if anyone had a good race setup for it, I just need to know Spring rate, shock oil, "diff wt." fluid, ride height, gearing for a .28, and anything else i might need to know. I already have the forward only transmission conversion done and am considering muggy shock towers??? let me know
Old 06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xBRxSAIGON
I just picked up an lst2 and was wondering if anyone had a good race setup for it, I just need to know Spring rate, shock oil, "diff wt." fluid, ride height, gearing for a .28, and anything else i might need to know. I already have the forward only transmission conversion done and am considering muggy shock towers??? let me know
The forward conversion transmission is really the only thing you need to do. I changed my LST2 to the muggy setup. I really dont like it because it bottoms out on the jumps. I am in the process of putting the shocks back to stock setup. I am changing the chassis to the XXL though to make it longer. I was also told that if you change the transmission gears to the XXL gearing it will give it higher top speed. A friend of mines have all the changes I am about to do and he did more laps than some truggy drivers.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
The forward conversion transmission is really the only thing you need to do. I changed my LST2 to the muggy setup. I really dont like it because it bottoms out on the jumps. I am in the process of putting the shocks back to stock setup. I am changing the chassis to the XXL though to make it longer. I was also told that if you change the transmission gears to the XXL gearing it will give it higher top speed. A friend of mines have all the changes I am about to do and he did more laps than some truggy drivers.
it bottoms out because you have no rebound on your shocks...you gotta build them from the bottom up put diff grease on all the seals and such...

me and MANNY others love the muggy set up on our trucks

but for the other guy...get a forward only

try 10k(f) 3k(r) for tha diffs

i would put 35 in the front and 30 in the rear...OR just run 35 all the way around with black springs...

get the losi wing kit too....

go to lstforums.com and we can help you alot..i am (revoman) on the forums..send me a pm lots of vids and piks there to help you
Old 06-21-2009, 12:40 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

lstforums.com is the best place for your LST info

there are pages of stock race setups and there are also pages of race mods that you can do