R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   new novarossi will not start...help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/305419-new-novarossi-will-not-start-help.html)

Shane369 06-17-2009 04:26 PM

new novarossi will not start...help

well after 2 days of going around and tracking Down a new air filter to put on my new n21 limited, I finally start break in today. Heated it up with heat gun to 200f had to loosen glow plug a bit to get it to turn over, turns over fine, it's just that the fuel is not making it all the way to the carb? Took fuel line off pipe blew in and got a steady stream of fuel like it should, next I switched back over to the p5 and figured if it worked that would eliminate the fuel tank and lines, well it fired right up! I've played with the needles a bit still no success, actually it seems the little bit of fuel that gets close to the carb if you blip the throttle it goes back towards the fuel tank?? Help!! Please??

Jaz240 06-17-2009 05:21 PM

Make sure you are priming it thoroughly...u may not be getting enough fuel into the engine. watch the fuel enter the carb and then count 3 more second before you stop priming....

also your settings may be too rich to start, you may have a bad glow plug, or ignitor..Those are the things that come to mind

Shane369 06-17-2009 05:28 PM

The biggest issue is it won't draw fuel into the carb, but it's not the fuel lines or tank cause if I change engines it starts up fine.

pyromania 06-17-2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Shane369 (Post 5950203)
The biggest issue is it won't draw fuel into the carb, but it's not the fuel lines or tank cause if I change engines it starts up fine.

When you heat up your engine, be careful not to heat up the carb. If you heat up the carb too much, the fuel will boil before entering the engine.

camocowboy 06-17-2009 05:41 PM

Defect?

If it was me I would take the fuel line off the pipe and blow in that and see if you can push fuel into the carb. If it still won't go in I would look closely at the fuel nipple on the carb and see if maybe it is clogged or doesn't go all the way through. Never heard of this before but that's the only way I can think of fuel not going into the carb. You can also try pulling the carb off another rossi motor and trying to narrow down the source of the problem.

wingracer 06-17-2009 05:44 PM

Try just heating up to 160 or so. Like the other guy said, that much heat in a motor that isn't running could be causing a vapor lock.

Also, make sure the HSN/fuel inlet is tight.

wingracer 06-17-2009 05:45 PM

Oh yeah, if all else fails, put the carb from your P5 on it and try again.

Charles Charron 06-17-2009 05:48 PM

Also try checking the brass "banjo" fitting that sits below the HSN...take the HSN assembly apart and blow air into the hole the fuel enters, sometimes you wont even see the obstruction, but I have seen this solve the problem described here more than once.

nta01 06-17-2009 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by camocowboy (Post 5950252)
If it was me I would take the fuel line off the pipe and blow in that and see if you can push fuel into the carb. If it still won't go in I would look closely at the fuel nipple on the carb and see if maybe it is clogged or doesn't go all the way through. Never heard of this before but that's the only way I can think of fuel not going into the carb. You can also try pulling the carb off another rossi motor and trying to narrow down the source of the problem.

+1
You coming out this weekend?

Shane369 06-17-2009 05:58 PM

if I take the fuel line off the pipe I can blow fuel into the carb with no issues. So, I honestly have no idea. I've got a new fuel tank I guess I can just try it

pyromania 06-17-2009 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shane369 (Post 5950317)
if I take the fuel line off the pipe I can blow fuel into the carb with no issues. So, I honestly have no idea. I've got a new fuel tank I guess I can just try it

When you do that, does the fuel shoot back into the tank?

slumlord 06-17-2009 06:04 PM

Sounds like an air leak, give her the once over and seal her up with some high temp silicone if you have it.

Shane369 06-17-2009 06:17 PM

If I blow on the line from the pipe it goes to the carb but to the best of my memory it didn't go back into the tank. I will check and see what it does when I get back home

j_blaze14 06-17-2009 06:24 PM

plugging the stinger while starting? how loose is the glow plug? is the idle gap closed all the way? how is the plug? ignitor? fuel tank lid closed all the way?

Jaz240 06-17-2009 06:33 PM

I highly doubt you got a brand new novarossi engine with an air leak. I would think you have a bad tank, or a clogged carb, or one of your o-rings (manifold, Pipe) are torn and causing loss of pressure..Is there someone local who can help you?