Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Muggy and 8T (nitro noob)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Muggy and 8T (nitro noob)

Looking to buy myself a shiny new 8th scale nitro truggy. Been into the electric stuff for a few years now and i wanna see what all the fuss is about

I will only be using it to bash and i'm really looking for the best durability possible. I was heading towards the 8T but as far as i've read, the Muggy looks a bit more sturdy.

Is there any real differences in the two, and size wize, does anybody have a good size comparison picture or something?

Sorry if my question has been asked over and over again,

Thanks for any info
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Well I own both and run both. I race my 8T 2.0 and bash my muggy. If your looking for durablity, get the 8T. The muggy is fun but requires a lot of work to keep it goin. The bulk head is the weak point on the muggy and a pain to fix. The muggy tires are at lease $100 to replace - truggy a bit cheaper

the muggy is a BIG truggy and is fun, there are few hop up parts for it and the ones they have is very pricey.

I understand that it "looks" beefer but the 8T will out last the muggy in being durable.

Hope this helps

get a truggy and come race. you will have ablast
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have also owned both and the eight t is just so much better its tougher easier to work on you will enjoy it so much more
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
Well I own both and run both. I race my 8T 2.0 and bash my muggy. If your looking for durablity, get the 8T. The muggy is fun but requires a lot of work to keep it goin. The bulk head is the weak point on the muggy and a pain to fix. The muggy tires are at lease $100 to replace - truggy a bit cheaper

the muggy is a BIG truggy and is fun, there are few hop up parts for it and the ones they have is very pricey.

I understand that it "looks" beefer but the 8T will out last the muggy in being durable.

Hope this helps

Hmm, can't say that im not surprised!

I'd have to say that i prefered the 8T so im half glad to hear that, my LHS do a great deal on 8T's, race rollers, kits and RTR's along with tons of spares so that would be the sensible choice
Thanks for the help

Anyone else got any input?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Muggy and durable? front end is muggy's weak spot.

Muggy is a basher
8T is racer

If you plan to race at least a bit get 8T
Old 06-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token

Hope this helps

+1. My friend got a Muggy. He hity something at 150 and he broke an am, shock shaft, bulkhead (upgraded to aluminum-$600) and some other items. Then it was all fixed up and we headed to Thunder Alley. A pretty abrasive and hard track for cars but we were going slow. He comes in for the day and the chassis is bent! It has front kick DOWN! So we sent it to Losi a week ago and will have to see how this turns out. It discourged a newbie so when the chassis gets it back he won't even want to jump it or do anything with it with fears it will break again.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

from what I remember the Muggy was Losi's interim solution to a truggy while they were still getting the 8T ready. they may have not come out and said this but its pretty much what it was.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallot
Muggy is a basher
8T is racer

If you plan to race at least a bit get 8T
Truth!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your input guys,
I didn't expect this many votes towards the 8T, thought it would kinda be a walk for the Muggy as far as bashing and durability goes.

At my LHS, they've got the Losi 8T RTR with a Spektrum Dx2.0 for £349.99 which seems like a good deal, would have to take it apart and build it again though , judging by the stuff im hearing, the 8T seems like the one to go for, just spoken to a few friends aswell and their basically saying the same things.

Thanks very much for your help guys, didn't expect such a one sided argument :P
Old 06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

http://losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0085 get this it is the newest version of the 8ight-t! dont get the muggy
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminx2kid
http://losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0085 get this it is the newest version of the 8ight-t! dont get the muggy
a big x2 to that. The 2.0T is awesome, and the rtr package is the real deal.

Here is a better deal

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...dproduct=13200

add it to your cart and it drops down to $729.99

Here is a discount you can use aswell

Order Amount:
You Save:
Discount Code:

$250.00 - 799.99
$25.00
RCJUN925