Wiki Posts
Search

vspec help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default vspec help please

i can't get my vspec to run, it will run if i blip the throttle and not all the time, if i apply full throttle it will rev up then die. I tried new p3 glow plug, i am running byrons gen 2, new fuel lines tank, i replaced the front bearing with an rb one i had in my spare parts, i have put it back to stock settings and still the same result. I am thinking it still has an air leak or maybe getting blow by at the top of the cylinder. when i had it apart i could push the piston to the top of the cylinder. but it was running fine the last 2 weekends, no scratches on the piston or sleeve...... i bought it off a guy on here that said it had 2 gallons, i have put probably 1.5 gallons on it.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiracer22
i can't get my vspec to run, it will run if i blip the throttle and not all the time, if i apply full throttle it will rev up then die. I tried new p3 glow plug, i am running byrons gen 2, new fuel lines tank, i replaced the front bearing with an rb one i had in my spare parts, i have put it back to stock settings and still the same result. I am thinking it still has an air leak or maybe getting blow by at the top of the cylinder. when i had it apart i could push the piston to the top of the cylinder. but it was running fine the last 2 weekends, no scratches on the piston or sleeve...... i bought it off a guy on here that said it had 2 gallons, i have put probably 1.5 gallons on it.
like the name LOL

when you had the engine apart and you turned the piston, did it go to the very top of the sleeve?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why did you have it apart?

When you had it apart, did you take the piston and sleeve out?

If you took the piston and sleeve out, did you put it back together with the LONG side of the piston skirt toward the exhaust port? (If you put the long side forward it won't run right... it MUST be toward the exhaust port!)
Old 06-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Why did you have it apart?

When you had it apart, did you take the piston and sleeve out?

If you took the piston and sleeve out, did you put it back together with the LONG side of the piston skirt toward the exhaust port? (If you put the long side forward it won't run right... it MUST be toward the exhaust port!)
would it run at at all?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

mine won't run either. it will run if i keep the throtle open but won't idol. almost sounds like it's cloged up.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
would it run at at all?
Yes, but not very well, and won't idle.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Try sealing up the backplate and where the carb attaches with sealant. It might be leaking air there. Also take the needles back to stock settings my speed came with the following: HSN 4 1/4 turns out, LSN 5 turns out. Ohh yea how's the clutch that will kill an idle too.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

HEY - you just need to learn how to tune ( no offense), both of you guys are running FAT.

I have RUN OS ENGINES for a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNG time.

DO NOT SEAL YOUR OS ENGINE, NO SILICONE (how ever you spell it) If you see fule/oil residue on your motor of chassis - replace gaskets . again no seal...... OS do not like it, is corrodes (spelling)

I would suggest that you find some one at your local track that knows what they are doing and ask them to help.........
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

the motor was put back together correctly. i had it apart to replace the front bearing, it was really gritty. when i had te piston and sleeve out, i could almost get the piston to the top, but when it was on the crank and in the motor it wouldn't make it all the way to the top. I think it still has an air leak somewhere or it is worn out and getting blow by at the top cause it to kill the motor when i hold it wide open.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

i have not touched the needles in 3 weekends, it has been running great temping at 252 degrees. so mine is not tuning. thanks though it just started doing this after the first qualifer sat.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

252 is hot for a VSPEC - where are you. Im in Colorado and bearly gets to 220 and thats hauling.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
HEY - you just need to learn how to tune, both of you guys are running FAT.

I have RUN OS ENGINES for a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNG time.

DO NOT SEAL YOUR OS ENGINE, NO SILICONE (how ever you spell it)

I would suggest that you find some one at your local track that knows what they are doing and ask them to help.........
let me tell u something i've been tuning motors for yrs just fine. one min it was fine and the next min it had the problem. i've had nothing but problem with this motor. i will never buy another os motor again. they suck
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pballer2777
let me tell u something i've been tuning motors for yrs just fine. one min it was fine and the next min it had the problem. i've had nothing but problem with this motor. i will never buy another os motor again. they suck

Sorry you have has bad luck with the ENGINE - motor=electirc - tis tat - now if you calm down a bit, and go back and read my post again I said (no offense) I didn't mean it in bad way.

I have ran OS ENGINES for years, about 20 , on road, off road, 10th and 8th and NEVER had a problem that was not USER ERROR. Not saying you are to blame. I'm just saying it NEEDS a tune from what I was reading. Its needs to flushed, cleaned and reset to factory specs and go from there.

I once was to pissed at OS, I brought a World Speed and could not get it running right and it was a batch of BAD glow plugs.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Again - did not mean to offend - just going by what you guys posted. And eveything is IMO
Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Why no slicone? I seal every engine before I even start it. On my most recent os engine I only sealed the backplate. It's just extra insurance. But again why would you not seal the engine? Air leaks can happen and the engine can lean out. If this happens in the middle of a long main that engine could be toast by the end of that main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.