Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What do you think of traxxas? >

What do you think of traxxas?

What do you think of traxxas?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BIG RE
The "new to rc" buying public as a whole likes big shiny fast cars, that it why Traxxas seems to be so popular. I have logged a lot of hours working at 2 different hobby shops and the number one questin is "how fast does it go?" I could explain until I was blue in the face that there were other cars that were better in different ways, but the t-maxxes and revo's are big fast and shiny, that seems to be all that matters to most people just getting into the hobby. I personally hate most traxxas cars, 9 out of 10 cars that I had to repair were traxxas, and I NEVER had a traxxas engine that wanted to cooperate with me, they all sucked.
If they all suck stop selling Traxxas see how long you last

Last edited by bigtuna; 07-02-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtuna
ever heard of the slash keep drinking your hateraid.
I've personally never liked slashes. They look like cockroaches running around the track.

They are really popular at the track I run, but they are a great way to get into racing for pretty cheap.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pyromania
I've personally never liked slashes. They look like cockroaches running around the track.

They are really popular at the track I run, but they are a great way to get into racing for pretty cheap.
1/10 scale cockroach outselling every Losi ever made
Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtuna
1/10 scale cockroach outselling every Losi ever made

I don't care if they've out sold losi, I really don't. traxxas fanboy.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The slash definitely doesn't look as good as a truggy or buggy, but it is fun to drive. We started a spec racing class at my local track, and I find it quite a challenge. The combination of 2 wheel drive with stock suspension makes it a real hand full. My point is that the slash is cheap to run (the spec class anyway) and it's still fun.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pyromania

I don't care if they've out sold losi, I really don't. traxxas fanboy.
Are you that heavy set fellow with the def leppard T-shirt thats always at my lhs that just hangs out and never drives your car you need to leave cause your creepy
Old 07-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Wow when did this thread turn into "Flame wars" Play nice people, we are talking about Toys here
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I persoanly like traxxas alot. This is my third season racing my Revo and I am finaly at the top of the MT class at both my local club racing and the Alberta RC Pro series. It took a while of practise and research to learn all about the Revo and become a good driver. I can now build and repair anything on the Revo and have all the tools I could ever need to do so.

I am now almost done building my Hot Bodies D8T. Guess what! I have all the tools, fluids and experience needed to build this truggy. Will the Truggy be a better racer? Yup for sure! Will I enjoy it more? Well.... I surely hope so. Am I happy that I started with a Revo? 100%!!!! Thinking back I cant imagine trying to get into the RC scene with this truggy as a starter vehichle. I would have a real tough time with it due to no tools, no supplies and simply no knowledge.

In the end, Traxxas products may be far less quality than a 1/8 Truggy/buggy but man what a great place to start out! I would recomend a Traxxas product to anyone wanting to get into this great hobby.

Also the slash is ALOT of fun to drive in the spec class! wooo woooo lol

Tim
Old 07-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default traxxas

I have a pretty nice track on the back part of my property that I use to test tune & practice on. I run a jammin buggy & truggy. I had A guy stop by and ask if he could use the track a few days ago to run his hopped up tmax, so I decided to jump out there with him. After A couple of tanks he pulled off to watch. When I finished running he said " wow I didn't realize A truggy was so much faster I felt like I was on A tricycle out there. This coming from A 55 YR. old guy I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mickey Silver
I persoanly like traxxas alot. This is my third season racing my Revo and I am finaly at the top of the MT class at both my local club racing and the Alberta RC Pro series. It took a while of practise and research to learn all about the Revo and become a good driver. I can now build and repair anything on the Revo and have all the tools I could ever need to do so.

I am now almost done building my Hot Bodies D8T. Guess what! I have all the tools, fluids and experience needed to build this truggy. Will the Truggy be a better racer? Yup for sure! Will I enjoy it more? Well.... I surely hope so. Am I happy that I started with a Revo? 100%!!!! Thinking back I cant imagine trying to get into the RC scene with this truggy as a starter vehichle. I would have a real tough time with it due to no tools, no supplies and simply no knowledge.

In the end, Traxxas products may be far less quality than a 1/8 Truggy/buggy but man what a great place to start out! I would recomend a Traxxas product to anyone wanting to get into this great hobby.

Also the slash is ALOT of fun to drive in the spec class! wooo woooo lol

Tim
My first RC was a Traxxas Tmaxx and loved it then i relized i was getting bit by the race bug. I upgraded up to a revo then sold that to my brother went to a buggy and i love it.

Tyler
Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hated my T-MAXX From 1998.... I quit the hobby after spending $2000 on that POS.... Got back into RC 2007. Bought an 8T and was sold again.
Gave traxxas a second chance with the slash and love it to death.. Revo as well. Racing a slash is a blast with a group for sure.

I do believe Traxxas is all about hopups and some love to waste their $$$..
Make a solid buggy or truggy Traxxas and get in the race game

Oh,and my buddy Clint is sponsored by traxxas for MT (REVO) Great guy and we race at his track out here in Portland or.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like any manufacture that keeps this hobby thriving. If you like something buy it, if you don't then move on to the next manufacture.

I personally own HPI, AE, Losi, Ofna, Traxxas and Caster, All my cars are competitive.

It takes all kinds
Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

What about the Rustler and the 4-tec? Aren't those designed for racing?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
What about the Rustler and the 4-tec? Aren't those designed for racing?
The Rustler was designed when the JRXT was still racing. Then came the XXT and XXX-T then the current version XXX-T CR. The Rustler is a 16 year old design. And the 4-tec handles horribly.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The way I look at it, you get a few of the same class cars together and you have a race.
It doesn't matter what scale. I race everything from eye burning BL 1/18 to 1/8 heart pumping Dirt Oval.
I usually just follow the classes. They seem to change alot from year to year and season to season.
I just love to race and if the only class was a stampde, rustler, evader, 1/16 mini traxxas or anything else, I would buy in and race
Any car can break and we do not all drive the same skill level.(<- putting it kindly).

boogity -boogity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.