Wiki Posts
Search

SC8 engine upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SC8 engine upgrade

I have anSC8 with a picco p3 28 on it,I was thinking about upgrading the engine again,my question is should I stick with a 28 or go to a 7 port 21 race engine,I live in Charlotte,NC and run at the Farms 2 track where they held the buggy world finals last year,it is a big track and has some big doubles and triples,so I need alot of low to mid range.I have never run a good 21 engine just stockers,like HPI 21 and so on.I know that the pros run 21s on their buggies,I was just wondering because of the extra wait on my truck compared to the pro buggies.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 AM
vhb
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stevey30
I have anSC8 with a picco p3 28 on it,I was thinking about upgrading the engine again,my question is should I stick with a 28 or go to a 7 port 21 race engine,I live in Charlotte,NC and run at the Farms 2 track where they held the buggy world finals last year,it is a big track and has some big doubles and triples,so I need alot of low to mid range.I have never run a good 21 engine just stockers,like HPI 21 and so on.I know that the pros run 21s on their buggies,I was just wondering because of the extra wait on my truck compared to the pro buggies.
I replaced the stocker in my SC8 with the GO .21 5 port (no mods) and it rocks. Mucho low end grunt, great mid range and plenty of top end as well. Take a look at the GO forum here, lots of good info there on these motors.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SC8

Is the GO 21 a race spec engine,I was looking at the 7 port engine from RB and Novarossi,I didn't know if they were worth the money.My Picco is insane,has a ton of bottom to mid range,but is not the best on fuel,I have read that the 21s get better fuel milage,I know a minute or two per tank is not alot but over the long run it makes a big differance.I just want to keep my low to mid power for the quick short turns and jumps.