Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best Pipe for Nova N21B2001BF >

Best Pipe for Nova N21B2001BF

Best Pipe for Nova N21B2001BF

Old 06-11-2009, 05:12 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
joey91473's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swansboro, NC
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Best Pipe for Nova N21B2001BF

Hey guys, I have been out of RC for awhile and pretty new to buggys. Always raced on road. Whats the best pipe for my new Nova N21B2001BF motor. The track I will be playing on is supposed to be pretty big. I bought two pipes from Ebay. JP-1 and JP-2. Was this a good choice?

Thanks..
joey91473 is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 05:45 PM
  #2  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joey91473 View Post
Hey guys, I have been out of RC for awhile and pretty new to buggys. Always raced on road. Whats the best pipe for my new Nova N21B2001BF motor. The track I will be playing on is supposed to be pretty big. I bought two pipes from Ebay. JP-1 and JP-2. Was this a good choice?

Thanks..
I would think a JP1 but I sold the N21B2000BF without even opening it up.
Frank L is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
joey91473's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swansboro, NC
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

This is just a hobby for me, something to do on the weekends. Just wanted to know what pipe to run with this motor. I know its the cheap Nova motor but it's still a nova... cant be that bad can it?
joey91473 is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
  #4  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

use a dynamite 86 pipe it is awsome its has mad power and my engine is still breaking in i can image how it would profrom when leaned out
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
zJatoRad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 1,610
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

the Nova BF2001 is a torquey motor but lacks some top end, I would go with the JP-2 if that's all you have
zJatoRad is online now  
Old 06-11-2009, 06:46 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
joey91473's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swansboro, NC
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zJatoRad View Post
the Nova BF2001 is a torquey motor but lacks some top end, I would go with the JP-2 if that's all you have
I have the jp-1 and the jp-2 coming...
joey91473 is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 PM
  #7  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (85)
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,733
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

The NR2001bf is a great engine. It's not as fast on top as a $300+ engine but unless you're top 50 in the US, you're not going to lose to anyone because their engine was faster. Use the JP-2.
Davidka is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 PM
  #8  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,837
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
use a dynamite 86 pipe it is awsome its has mad power and my engine is still breaking in i can image how it would profrom when leaned out
houston is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
AZrcdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 397
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I run this on on mine with great power.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ong-w-Manifold
AZrcdriver is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
  #10  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

man i dint see that pipe before and the price is excellent so it fits the nova bf maybe il get one later on
tc5 man is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
thenova70ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

The novarossi 2001BF is the best motor Hands Down for the money i run one last year and man it was just as fast as my Mugen GRP Ninja and a hell of a lot better to tune.I tryed all kinds of pipes with the 2001BF and the best pipe i found was the Ofna 086 pipe i tryed the 053 and the 063 but the best pipe for power and run time was the 086.I all tryed the JP1 and JP2 and Jp4 and all used to much fuel i could only get like 6min run time with the JP Pipes.
thenova70ss is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 10:24 PM
  #12  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Great little motor. If you only have the JP-1 and 2, use the two, but the best pipe for it is an 086(such as the dynamite one).

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=3624
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 06-11-2009, 10:33 PM
  #13  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
SuperSmoove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 155
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thenova70ss View Post
The novarossi 2001BF is the best motor Hands Down for the money i run one last year and man it was just as fast as my Mugen GRP Ninja and a hell of a lot better to tune.I tryed all kinds of pipes with the 2001BF and the best pipe i found was the Ofna 086 pipe i tryed the 053 and the 063 but the best pipe for power and run time was the 086.I all tryed the JP1 and JP2 and Jp4 and all used to much fuel i could only get like 6min run time with the JP Pipes.
I agree. Awesome little motor! I actually have a fresh one i use for practice/backup. I used to love coming in to the 3rd round and taking TQ by a lap with a $150 engine. Conisidering how many Vspec, Speeds, and Ninjas are out there, it was a blast!! But as for now, im running the Plus 4 and that one gives me chills when i drive!! Good luck!
SuperSmoove is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 04:56 AM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
r1harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: purvis, ms
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

+1 on 086
r1harper is offline  
Old 06-12-2009, 05:15 AM
  #15  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Just south of Victory Lane
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Don't worry, that is a rippin little motor As already stated the DYN 086 pipe works great with it, and you can buy one new for less than $50.
ridein04 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.