R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Race Fuels??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/303511-race-fuels.html)

Gearhead racer 06-09-2009 04:45 PM

Race Fuels???
 
I have my new picco p7 evo 3 for my buggy. I have some traxxas 33% i was thinking of using. I was also thinking of using some o'donnell race 30%.
What you guys think?

mist467 06-09-2009 04:52 PM

i know alot of people dont like traxxas fuels but have never run it...i run byrons and love it...recently broke down a engine with 5 gallons on it and it looks new...od is also a great fuel...really cant go wrong with it...just run what u plan to continue to run

BenXB8ec 06-09-2009 04:58 PM

+1 on the byrons

but you should run whatever is available where you live

Trevor Williams 06-09-2009 04:59 PM

DO NOT run that Traxxas fuel, it sucks hardcore, it has a WAY high oil content.

Odonnell fuel if good stuff..........I personally have had good luck with Werks Racing and EB Mods fuels........I just made the switch to Nitrotane and it is good too.

Gearhead racer 06-09-2009 05:02 PM


Originally Posted by mist467 (Post 5917951)
i know alot of people dont like traxxas fuels but have never run it...i run byrons and love it...recently broke down a engine with 5 gallons on it and it looks new...od is also a great fuel...really cant go wrong with it...just run what u plan to continue to run

Thanks. Ive tried the oddonnel once which did work pretty well just i have 3/4 gallon of traxxas 33%. Some people tell the traxxas has to much oil in it, but the OD has 18% and the traxxas has 16%.

mist467 06-09-2009 05:03 PM

yea thats what ive heard too...ive also seen people running it and the motor cant hold a tune for 5 min...i wouldnt ever put that in my engine either

Frank L 06-09-2009 05:23 PM

I ran sidewinder all last season 30% with 11% oil and recently I have switched to Coldfusion magic blend which is 30% and 11% oil. This combo works well for me. The difference between different fuel mfg's is like the difference from chevron to shell it all depends on the consumer.

I can say that since I have switched to Coldfusion fuels I rest assured that they use synthetic oils and that there are no additives of any kind so inside my engine there is no build up. Their fuel also runs cooler because the fillers are not taking up space and making the engine hotter. I am not sure I completely understand it but, Vernon at Coldfusion has explained it and I can defiantly tell that what he says is true. Sidewinder was not bad to me but Coldfusion has a noticeable advantage.

lorider75 06-09-2009 05:51 PM

by no means am i a pro but, I think fuel choice is almost one of those "which is better Losi or AE" questions. I have used several fuels from traxxas to werks to xp. I really liked the traxxas fuel because the needles seemed really wide, probably wasnt getting the best performance btu it always ran good, maybe not great but, good. The werks fuel seemed somewhat finicky, tune was less forgiving and the fuel stunk.... burned the eyes bad. The xp is what we run now, had alot of people tell us we couldnt win with XP fuel, but we have a wall full of trophies that says otherwise. So run what you can get on a consistent basis. Dont fall into the "this fuel is better cuz "X" runs it".

just my 2 cents

Gearhead racer 06-09-2009 05:59 PM


Originally Posted by lorider75 (Post 5918161)
by no means am i a pro but, I think fuel choice is almost one of those "which is better Losi or AE" questions. I have used several fuels from traxxas to werks to xp. I really liked the traxxas fuel because the needles seemed really wide, probably wasnt getting the best performance btu it always ran good, maybe not great but, good. The werks fuel seemed somewhat finicky, tune was less forgiving and the fuel stunk.... burned the eyes bad. The xp is what we run now, had alot of people tell us we couldnt win with XP fuel, but we have a wall full of trophies that says otherwise. So run what you can get on a consistent basis. Dont fall into the "this fuel is better cuz "X" runs it".

just my 2 cents

thank you for your 2 cents. My bro did pickup a quart of oddonnel to try it. it did work very well but he decided he just stickwith traxxas. so i would have to pay for a hole case. My local hobby guy doent stock odonnel but can get it.

Revooooooo 06-09-2009 06:22 PM

I run Mugen Race Fuel. Great stuff. It is the same thing as the Byron's race fuel if you can find that. Cooler temps and great power. The Traxxas stuff imo only runs good in with Traxxas stuff. Tried it in a different motor other than the 3.3 and it didn't run well. But I have seen other people running it, so it must be good to them. Just didn't work for me. My buddy ran the OD fuel and it seemed very solid. Held the tune well and made some good power. Of course the fuel question is always a battle of the ages, but go with what seems right for you.

gotspeed_2000 06-09-2009 06:59 PM

+1 for Byrons. But the most important thing is what your store carries. I also used mugen, but the lhs in my area don't carry it any more. Love the byron's gen 2 though. good fuel and engine protection. What fuels are available in your area.

PIMP_9000 06-09-2009 07:00 PM

I have ran Byrons,Odonnell,EBmods,sidewinder,homemade,and now I run Torco (torco.com) I was running EB mods and changed over to Torco 30% race blend. They use pharmacutial grade 99.4% Nitromethane from Baush&Lomb,Klotz and virgin castor oil. I ran my engine with no tune mods and my "race tuned "Go 5 port 0801 pipe 7.0 restrictor with EB mods fuel it ran 240's. Straight out of the bottle and into the tank I ran 198 with the Torco.Now after I leaned my top and bottom needle settings at least 3-4 hours the Torco is giving me 240's and I am burning 17-18 ccs of fuel a minute or 12+min real runtime. It smokes great and leaves the typical oil residue on the wing and rear tire which I like and I have the perfect plug using the ron paris exam method . I can squeeze more out of it but the fuel works so good I had to give you my .02. If you cant find it they do ship and it is well worth it. The other fuels out there are great and I have had nothing but good results but the Torco is just too darn good not to let you know. Torco is new to race r/c fuel but they only make fuel and additives for race fuel .If it is good enough for a 8000 horsepower top fuel funny car I say my 1/8 scale will reap the reward of "race purpose fuel" Some may disagree but that is my .02 and I tested and came to these conclusions on my own for my own knowledge.All data was compiled through two weeks of racing and testing of the Torco fuel.Ok thats all I got .I will do more testing of this fuel on a couple different tracks and temps to have some more data. You cant really go wrong with any fuel out there today but when it comes to racing you want the best possible this is what I found to be the best for my needs.Consistent use and what works best for you is the key (and what you can get or not also has something to do with it). I burn a couple of gallons a month with practice and racing so the fuel game is important to me.
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/DSCF1082.jpg

xlgraphicspro 06-09-2009 07:01 PM

byrons gen2. best stuff around. I run 30% nitro 9% oil. It's a combo that's hard to beat. I've been running it since it's induction, and am still running one of the same engines I had a year ago.

ehames005 06-09-2009 07:57 PM


Originally Posted by PIMP_9000 (Post 5918445)
I have ran Byrons,Odonnell,EBmods,sidewinder,homemade,and now I run Torco (torco.com) I was running EB mods and changed over to Torco 30% race blend. They use pharmacutial grade 99.4% Nitromethane from Baush&Lomb,Klotz and virgin castor oil. I ran my engine with no tune mods and my "race tuned "Go 5 port 0801 pipe 7.0 restrictor with EB mods fuel it ran 240's. Straight out of the bottle and into the tank I ran 198 with the Torco.Now after I leaned my top and bottom needle settings at least 3-4 hours the Torco is giving me 240's and I am burning 17-18 ccs of fuel a minute or 12+min real runtime. It smokes great and leaves the typical oil residue on the wing and rear tire which I like and I have the perfect plug using the ron paris exam method . I can squeeze more out of it but the fuel works so good I had to give you my .02. If you cant find it they do ship and it is well worth it. The other fuels out there are great and I have had nothing but good results but the Torco is just too darn good not to let you know. Torco is new to race r/c fuel but they only make fuel and additives for race fuel .If it is good enough for a 8000 horsepower top fuel funny car I say my 1/8 scale will reap the reward of "race purpose fuel" Some may disagree but that is my .02 and I tested and came to these conclusions on my own for my own knowledge.All data was compiled through two weeks of racing and testing of the Torco fuel.Ok thats all I got .I will do more testing of this fuel on a couple different tracks and temps to have some more data. You cant really go wrong with any fuel out there today but when it comes to racing you want the best possible this is what I found to be the best for my needs.Consistent use and what works best for you is the key (and what you can get or not also has something to do with it). I burn a couple of gallons a month with practice and racing so the fuel game is important to me.
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/DSCF1082.jpg



+1 on the Torco. I've run Traxxas, OD, Nitrotane and Werks and by far the best is the Torco. I have had better run time and cooler temps from the Torco than any other fuel.

Marcus Falconie 06-09-2009 08:17 PM

fuel
 
1 Attachment(s)
Torco Fuel Wins also:) Earnest M. Arizona NitroX State Champ in INT Buggy.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.4
Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net