Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Fuels???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I use byrons gen 2 but I finding it harder to find for some reason I would like to try the cold fusion does anyone know were I can get it in southern california or las vegas
Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by torco race fuel
Hey rcracer, klotz does dye there stuff red oil is yellowish after refining-so there would be dye in the coldfusion but its not a bad thing, every race fuel and all NHRA nitromethane (yellow) is dyed, people have the wrong idea about dye its made to burn at fast rate not noticible whatsoever on a dyno, and any race fuel you buy from any manufacturer will have dye in the mixture. Some dyes are also a stabilizer as well so dont look at it in a bad way.
by the way yes we dye ours, fruit punch - Torco Red

Steven Davis
Torco Race Fuels
www.torco.com
Hey Steven
You should have a email from me now.
Thanks
Tyler
Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Torco

Hey Gearhead,
yes I did and will get you your order out tomorrow..
if you southern cal guys cant find a distributor give me a call or shoot me an email I have some distributors in cali..

Thanks
Steven Davis
Torco Race Fuels
www.torco.com
(480) 242-6326
[email protected]
Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

race raider, Cold Fusion fuel is just now making it's way out here to the West Coast. It may take some time before it's available at your LHS, however for now you can order a case directly from coldfusionfuels.com. If you're looking for a smaller quantity to try out, let us know and Frank and I will see what we can do to get you some. Thanks for your interest!!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by justindyer
EB MODS for the win great fuel also how can you drop 50 degree's with just a change of fuel something seems odd about that.
I went from race tuned nitrotane to torco and my temps dropped 20-30 degrees. I had to lean out quite a bit to get it to race tune. It runs great with 12-15 min runs on a nova plus 4. Performance is similar to nitrotane but I like the fact that I can see it always blowing smoke. When I had my motor tuned with nitrotane, it was hard to see the smoke. I feel safe its got lubrication.

I think the temp drop is just a function of better lubrication. But for those that say brand x,y,z is the best... please leave some feedback and real data as to why you think so. It will help out the racers who are trying to make an informed decision.

The price is right also.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I think the fuel before had less oil than the one your running now that would explain the decrease in temps
Old 06-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razo125
I went from race tuned nitrotane to torco and my temps dropped 20-30 degrees. I had to lean out quite a bit to get it to race tune. It runs great with 12-15 min runs on a nova plus 4. Performance is similar to nitrotane but I like the fact that I can see it always blowing smoke. When I had my motor tuned with nitrotane, it was hard to see the smoke. I feel safe its got lubrication.

I think the temp drop is just a function of better lubrication. But for those that say brand x,y,z is the best... please leave some feedback and real data as to why you think so. It will help out the racers who are trying to make an informed decision.

The price is right also.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont have any data, I am not so tecnical, but Torco is a good fuel, I have ran many others, I know I am getting really good run time on it, and the performance matches or exceeds any 30% I have ever ran, I hardley ever temp tune, but I will say my spittle does not evevaporate as fast as before, thus I leaned it a few hours...
Old 06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
race raider, Cold Fusion fuel is just now making it's way out here to the West Coast. It may take some time before it's available at your LHS, however for now you can order a case directly from coldfusionfuels.com. If you're looking for a smaller quantity to try out, let us know and Frank and I will see what we can do to get you some. Thanks for your interest!!
I want to try a gallon.

I wanted to order some out of Flordia but none of the dustributors would ship it. It was for pick up only. I am Sothern Arizona. How can I get a gallon or even a couple of quarts to try it out.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Dish Soap
gimme a call 352-342-4400
after 9:30 pm your time
Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by coldfusionfuel1
Dish Soap
gimme a call 352-342-4400
after 9:30 pm your time
That would be 12:30 am your time.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

i am at work till then
Old 06-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cold Fusion is the best fuel I have used, I have tried nearly all that are around, Rocket Science, Sidewinder, TQ, Traxxas and Trinity. It will keep a crisp tune all day, burns clean and lowers the engine temps more than any other, not only that but the owner is a stand up guy who will not give you a line of BS. He stands behind his product which to me is half the battle of a great product. Plus extended run time because of the lower temps and you can lean it some really helps limit fuel stops during a main. So if you want dependable fuel Cold Fusion is the way to go.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JBURCH
Cold Fusion is the best fuel I have used, I have tried nearly all that are around, Rocket Science, Sidewinder, TQ, Traxxas and Trinity. It will keep a crisp tune all day, burns clean and lowers the engine temps more than any other, not only that but the owner is a stand up guy who will not give you a line of BS. He stands behind his product which to me is half the battle of a great product. Plus extended run time because of the lower temps and you can lean it some really helps limit fuel stops during a main. So if you want dependable fuel Cold Fusion is the way to go.
Who is the owner?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

What other fuels are common in the racing scene?? My local hobby guy is looking for what is common and what works!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.