How many head shims on OS V-spec .21 >

How many head shims on OS V-spec .21

How many head shims on OS V-spec .21

Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? How many head shims on OS V-spec .21

Hi,

What is the default/stock head shim amount? Is it 0.2mm (one thick alu shim)? I got my engine new but not in a box and so I don't know if the extra shim there already one too many. At the moment I have 0.2mm alu + 0.1mm copper + 0.1mm copper. Seems a lot to me. The engine is now broken in so its time to get the maximum performance out if it.

I'm in a hurry and can't find an answer from anywhere. Thank you for quick answers. Couldn't find it from search or the user manual.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Use one aluminum and one copper one for sure. If the motor is to much to handle throw the extra copper shim in.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow man, this was fast

Can someone tell me if this means 0.3mm? Alu shim is 0.2mm and copper is 0.1mm?

Is there a reason for the thicker alu shim? Why don't they just use 3x copper shims in total?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lauri
Hi,

What is the default/stock head shim amount? Is it 0.2mm (one thick alu shim)? I got my engine new but not in a box and so I don't know if the extra shim there already one too many. At the moment I have 0.2mm alu + 0.1mm copper + 0.1mm copper. Seems a lot to me. The engine is now broken in so its time to get the maximum performance out if it.

I'm in a hurry and can't find an answer from anywhere. Thank you for quick answers. Couldn't find it from search or the user manual.
The xtra .004 shim (i'm american) is recommended by OS if you run 30% nitro. Not needed at all.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have an os speed and I run the stck shims 1 alum and 1 copper with 30%. No problems at all smooth as silk. The extra shim will decrease compression and tone the engine down. It's not necessary.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for the answers. The engine worked a lot nicer when it had correct compression It worked nice throughout the 45-min a-main, only my mistakes dropped me to 3rd place, not better today

2 races, 1 training, 1 liter (quart) of braking in and the pinch is starting to disappear and the engine is starting to be economical. T-2060 really works nice on the V-spec. Nice powerband with really nice economy