Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
losi light weight outdrives >

losi light weight outdrives

losi light weight outdrives

Old 06-05-2009, 03:54 AM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (97)
 
hardhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet home Alabama
Posts: 1,348
Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)
Default losi light weight outdrives

where can i buy them??

Whats the longest somebody has seen a glowplug last,,,
Thanks in advance
hardhead is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 04:03 AM
  #2  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
buggydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
where can i buy them??

Whats the longest somebody has seen a glowplug last,,,
Thanks in advance
Amain or ask your LHS to order them up for you if they dont have them in stock
Glow plug life Span depends on alot of factors.Standard or turbo heat rating of the plug and the tune of your motor.I'm running turbo plugs p3 p6 i had a p6 last nearly 3/4 a gallon before it needed to be changed.
buggydad is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 06:12 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Foley, Al
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I change me glow plug every race day. It may not be needed but at about $4 a plug who cares.
roadracer43 is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
 
RJNicholson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Allen, TX (another burb of Dallas)
Posts: 371
Default

$4?????

WTF Where do you get your plugs and what plug are you using that is $4.

I use P3 plugs in my OS Engines and my LHS sells them for $9.

Wish they were $4 then I might change mine every race day.

My current P3 has about 1 1/2 Gallons on it. Thats including break in on my VZB and the plug still looks great and hasn't been destorted yet.
RJNicholson is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

+1 p3 plugs cost me 9 to 10 bucks a plug sucks my plugs will last anywhere form 1/4 to 1 gallon for club races at big races use one for qualies then put in brand new one for main but save the old ones to run at club races until they die
jewn_beef is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
where can i buy them??

Whats the longest somebody has seen a glowplug last,,,
Thanks in advance
nitrohouse has them in stock
jewn_beef is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 09:31 AM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Here

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=9843
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=9842

As for plugs I have gotten amazing life out of P3's before. I am talking 5 gallons. Not that you should ever wait that long to change the plug, but I did once. And he plug was still glowing bright at the 5 gallon mark(including break-in on my v-spec).
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
  #8  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (97)
 
hardhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet home Alabama
Posts: 1,348
Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by buggydad View Post
Amain or ask your LHS to order them up for you if they dont have them in stock
Glow plug life Span depends on alot of factors.Standard or turbo heat rating of the plug and the tune of your motor.I'm running turbo plugs p3 p6 i had a p6 last nearly 3/4 a gallon before it needed to be changed.
Thanks for the out drive info,,
Well im runing a vzb.21 with grp 2053 pipe and a grp#4 plug that has right @ a gallon on it,,but i been waiting on the #4 to burn out

Originally Posted by roadracer43 View Post
I change me glow plug every race day. It may not be needed but at about $4 a plug who cares.
55 to 60 Bones for five grp #4s

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Here

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=9843
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=9842

As for plugs I have gotten amazing life out of P3's before. I am talking 5 gallons. Not that you should ever wait that long to change the plug, but I did once. And he plug was still glowing bright at the 5 gallon mark(including break-in on my v-spec).
Wow talk about getting your moneys worth lol.
Thanks for the info guys!!
hardhead is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
  #9  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (97)
 
hardhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet home Alabama
Posts: 1,348
Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)
Default

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
hardhead is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
"outdrives"
Why dont they list them for the front or rear diffs,,there listed as center diff only
These are for center
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=9843

These are for front and rear
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=9842
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Would the center diff outdrives work in the front and rear diffs?
air8 is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 07:18 PM
  #12  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Would the center diff outdrives work in the front and rear diffs?
yes they would, but the centers are actually a gram or so heavier.
spcpicard is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 AM
  #13  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 34
Default

i think i might buy a set of those light weight ones
carl_Bennetts is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.